AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Knocking from rear of the car?

Hi

I have a 1.6 SXI astra mk5.

Ive noticed lately that when ever i go over a bump in the road or a ramp it has a knocking noise from the back of the car.
    So...as its 2006 reg i took it into Vauxhall and they said the only noise they could hear was from the tail gate so they tightened that up (now my boot doesnt shut as east as it did).
    Anyway i said ok thats fine, got into the car drove off went over a few ramps...noise is still there.

Any idea what this could be?

I had a very similair sound on my corsa and it was the bush joints or something on that and they replaced them under warranty.

Looks like vauxhall are trying get out of it.

Thanks,Sarah

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try and figure if its an internal trim rattle knock / tailgate fitting or what not then figure where mechanically the noise is coming from if it isnt internal.

Not hear of a common knocking from rear noise on the mk5's but may be worth having a poke around underneath to see if you can spot summit rattling / moving that should be - or hire in help to do such things
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Check the rear coils of the springs are still ok (I imagine they would be but double checking never hurt anyone). What you'd be looking for is a broken coil.

Other than that take it to another dealership for their advice, if the current one doesn't notice it. Also when you take it in note down the milage and compare it when you get the car back. Under a mile I wouldn't call it to be a good enough testing period, unless they can find the fault during that time.

Good luck
    jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?