Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LittleBigPlanet To Be Recalled Globally Because Of Qu'ran Content In The Soundtrack

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LittleBigPlanet To Be Recalled Globally Because Of Qu'ran Content In The Soundtrack

SCEE has just confirmed to VG247 that shipped LittleBigPlanet units are to be recalled on a global level thanks to a licensed track in the game containing two “expressions” from the Qur’an.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCEE
    During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused.

We’ll confirm the new launch date shortly.
    Sources:

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/1...kes-statement/

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/1...-global-level/

Apparently this is the letter which notified Sony:

To: Sony Computer Entertainment & Media Molecule

While playing your latest game, "LittleBigPlanet" in the first level of the third world in the game (titled "Swinging Safari":smileywink:, I have noticed something strange in the lyrics of the music track of the level. When I listened carefully, I was surprised to hear some very familiar Arabic words from the Quran. You can listen to part of the track here:

mt14.quickshareit.com/share/p...lip22503c0.wav

The words are;

1- In the 18th second: "كل نفس ذائقة الموت" ("kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death').

2- Almost immediately after, in the 27th second: "كل من عليها فان" ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish').

I asked many of my friends online and offline and they heard the exact same thing that I heard easily when I played that part of the track. Certain Arabic hardcore gaming forums are already discussing this, so we decided to take action by emailing you before this spreads to mainstream attention.

We Muslims consider the mixing of music and words from our Holy Quran deeply offending. We hope you would remove that track from the game immediately via an online patch, and make sure that all future shipments of the game disk do not contain it.

We would also like to mention that this isn't the first time something like this happened in videogames. Nintendo's 1998 hit "Zelda: Ocarina of Time" contained a musical track with islamic phrases, but it was removed in later shipments of the game after Nintendo was contacted by Muslim organizations. Last year, Capcom's "Zack & Wiki" and Activision's "Call of Duty 4" also contained objectionable material offensive to Muslims that was spotted before the release of the final games, and both companies thankfully removed the content.

We hope you act immediately to avoid any confusion and unnecessary controversy, and we thank you for making such an amazing game.

Regards,
    yasser

For those who don't know what LittleBigPlanet is, it is a eagerly awaited game to be released "soon" on the Playstation 3.

South Park did a great episode similar to this subject matter. You can't show an image of a Muslim prophet, but you can show George Bush and Jesus taking a sh*t on the American flag.

The world is messed up.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What a joke.

So all references to religion in songs should be removed then?!?

Just screams nothing better to do than to complain, i bet most people (muslims included) wouldnt actually care.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pathetic...
    It's a game, why the hell do they try and milk at every excuse??
    IS everything in this world offensive to them?

We can go out and listen to it elsewhere, yet words not directly linked to the Quran in a game is offensive. As i said, pathetic.
    Number 365 VXR

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Heard this on the radio today. i think it's absolutely f**kin pathetic. Screw the PC'ness of it. It's only a game.
    Mk5 Astra 888 CDTI No.58
    "you can’t help but drive the 888 Astra hard, everywhere, constantly" - Evo Magazine.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try telling that Danish bloke it was just a cartoon!
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Every soul shall have the taste of death
    All that is on earth will perish

lovely book i must read it some time

(yes im sure they make sense in context etc etc)
    Mk4 3 door sxi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats bollox.. sony should have told them to get lost...
    fair enough if it was direct verse quotes, but thats just a few words!
    and if theyr such gooood muslims they shouldnt even be playing the game and listening to music.
    small number of idiots give a bad name to the rest, especially in this climate of oil theft and land conquaring.
    "Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you dont like it play a different game, or while in england live the english way, dont have tea towels on your head and make bombs. ok i know 99.9% of muslims arent baddies you get the good and bad in every town/city, race and socitey but some of these forien people in our country take the piss. (no offence ment to anyone)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danny's sxi View Post
    if you dont like it play a different game, or while in england live the english way, dont have tea towels on your head and make bombs. ok i know 99.9% of muslims arent baddies you get the good and bad in every town/city, race and socitey but some of these forien people in our country take the piss. (no offence ment to anyone)
    danny, this was an international thing, nothing to do with 'english way'.
    your two views in tea towels and bomb making does worry me tho. how on earth can someones dress be offensive to anyone?especially when they are covering up, and not walking around half naked (i guess this is more and more excepted in society.) you got to remember Sikhs wear turbans, nuns cover their hair... not just muslims.
    im happy to see that you agree 99.9% of muslims arnt 'baddies! however that 0.1% is normally hyped up by the media and ends up lookin like the majority.

The reality is that the song is by a Muslim, from a country whose population has a Muslim majority, and many of whom have probably bought this song.

It’s a bit of a PR disaster caused by people who’ve made some rash decisions, ie Sony.
    "Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to be honest i dont really know enough about muslims to argue back but i do know the men usally have loads of facial hair and so do most woman (im not v.good with spelling)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast