Thread: What car?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What car?

What car do people think I should buy when i get my insurance money through for my astra?

I'm not sure about getting another astra, I really liked my last one so I was looking at maybe a quicker version. 2.2 would be more likely than a turbo as insurance for a turbo is like £750 - £900, the 2.2 is only about £600 or so.

But then I was also looking at something a bit older... Maybe japanese lol.

Anyone had any experience of a 2.2 VTi Honda Prelude 4th or 5th gen? Or a Lotus Elan M100? Insurance is a bit higher on these, and I'm not entirely sure yet if I want to get a car that's as old as either of these will be but they look like a lot of fun
    Watch who's comin' at you! Why? Who's got the power?

Status
    AkA P_Man
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How much are you looking to spend exactly? From what you've said, the cost difference in insurance is a bit of a non-issue. The extra couple of hundred quid over a year running/modding a car is a drop in the ocean really. I'd go for a coupe turbo over something older.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm looking to spend whatever I get for my old astra, so maybe £3000 - £3500 plus I have about £400 I saved up for modding my old astra.

Insurance will only be around £100-£400 extra for the rest of my policy depending on what I buy I guess.

A turbo astra does look fun, but I dunno - they're all still a little out of my price range. I saw a decent low mileage 2.2 in the local paper for £2,200 that I want to look at. A honda prelude 2.2 VTi can be picked up for about 2 grand as well although the insurance on it is worse than the astra. Should be quicker though, and four wheel steering sounds fun!
    Watch who's comin' at you! Why? Who's got the power?