Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New

Aint sure were this thread should go but hello all ill make it short,

Recently passed SIA course jst waiting on license coming through to start working security as theres work everywere ive been trying to decide for the last month on what car i want only been driving 2 years nxt year was looking about earlier and saw an Astra Coupe 1.8 Bertone if thats what its called ?

Im looking to spend about 3k but will be waiting until january to make a purchase what do u guys think ? Any ideas or tips would be great and some info on the car reliable etc

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi and welcome

For £3k you will gat a 1.8 or 2.2 Astra Coupe no probs there are loads for sale on Autotrader at the moment. Go for the best spec you can as leather seats, bodykit etc dont seem to add much of a premium. I think any specific special edition models fetch a premium though, especially the 'Linea Rossa'.

Turbos are a bit dearer, unless you find a high-miler. Unless you have to have a turbo, for £3k I'd stay with N/A for now (I'd love a Turbo though lol)

You dont say how old you are. If you are under 21, I would suggest shopping around a good deal for insurance quotes, you may find some companies will want to charge the earth!

I cant vouch for Turbos as I dont have any experience of them (althogh I'm sure they are very reiable) but the n/a Coupes are smooth and reliable cars.

Not many gremlins with these. Make sure the cambelt has been changed on the 1.8 at the correct interval, and check that the waterpump has been replaced along with it, as the bearing runs directly off the cambelt and if it collapses the cambelt will go with it. Only other thing to look out for is broken rear springs (Happens to other models of Vauxhall too) but this is a cheap and easy fix (happened to mine at this years MOT, got fixed no probs).

Check the rear arches for corrosion on very early W and X reg examples - despite galvanising these can corrode of not cleaned out reularly.

Apart from that, the Coupe is a quick car even in 1.8, and even the standard suspension set up is ok (I have this).

Good luck in your search - wont take long I'd guess!
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome to AOC and enjoy the club - good choice on the bertone coupe, I hope you find a nice one

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello and welcome to AOC mate.
    ^Click above if yae are^
    >< Proud To Be Scottish ><