How TO: Remove centre console.
This is going to be a quick write up on how to remove the Centre Console and MFD.
Removal keys from Halfords.
Torx screw driver set.
1. Remove the Headunit. Your can get the removal Key from Halfords.(the silver things you see stuck in the radio). You can also use anything that fits in the 4 holes. I used knitting needles before I went and got the keys.
2. Slide out the Headunit and remove the 2 attached cables.
3. Remove the climate control unit. Unclip the two clips at the top of it. Then it will just pull out.
4. Unclip the two cables on the back of the climate controll unit.
5. Remove the ash tray bit. By sticking a flat head screw driver down the left hand side and pushing it out. Then it will just lift out.
6. Unclip the cable connected to the 12v port.
7. Unscrew the two screws at the bottom of the centre console.
8. Pull the centre console out and be careful. You'll have to use some gentle force to pull it out. Then unhook the cable attached at the top. (connects to where your hazards button is)
How TO: Remove centre MFD
Once the above steps are done. You will be reeady to remove the MFD.
1. Unscrew 2 screws just below the MFD.
2. Once unscrewed pull the bottom of the MFD up and slide out the MFD.
Then remove the cable attached to the back of it.
That is the Job done and completed.
Just work backwards to put it all back together.