Thread: Navigating without the Radio on???

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow Navigating without the Radio on???

Hi, I have just taken delivery of a '58 Astra VXR with a CD70 and I have scoured the manuels to find out how to turn off the radio while still leaving the sat nav on. If I use the OI switch the satnav and radio turn off. Reducing the volume doesn't help as I then am unnable to hear the NAVI announcements. It could well be tha there is an obvious way of navigating in silence for those periods when you don't want to listen to a CD or the radio which I am missing, if so PLEASE HELP as it is driving me nuts. Vuaxhalls integration of the different multimedia systems is challenging to say the least.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry i can't help, someone will be along soon enough to help. But Welcome to AOC! Get some piccies up of yours!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You need to go into the sat nav menu. In there you can alter how the volume is. I have mine set on Max. Then if I have a cd on or the Radio. The sat nav comes on much louder. You can also turn the radio/cd volume down and the sat nav will still be heard. Once you get used to it. It realy is a good piece of kit