Thread: noticed something on my coupe turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

noticed something on my coupe turbo

today for some reason, after pulling off whilst the car been warm up etc, i was only boosting up to 5psi and dropping straight after...when i got gym, i popped the bonnet and noticed the vacuum hose by the circled bit in the photo very loose and could come off so easily...

now i pushed it back on and took it out for a spin again, would boost up to 11psi, and hold around 9psi when on boost...could the loose vacuum hose be causing the drop in boost sometimes? i will be changing them tomorrow anyways, but just curious..

every since i have put on fmic, car not been boosting the same as with standard intercooler, feels laggy...is it time for vxr turbo and remap? lol
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    has a boost pipe come off from the car on the back of inlet manifold

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ill have to check it out tomorrow danny...all the pipes looked okay, apart from that one...its strange...that one is really loose.
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    This box
    jack up drivers side an you will see this on back of engine the rubber pipes can pop off

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh, sweetttt...ill have a check...see if its that...im purchasing vxr turbo tonight as well...so going to have to sell my z20 let one, but not sure how much to sell it for..
    my mate at powerflow building my exhaust from my precat to my blue flame box, so it will have sports cat etc...then going to decide what map to go for in due course...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any slack connections on any of the pipework after the turbo will cause problems with boost. Make sure all hoses are on tight as you can, buy some decent stainless clips so you ensure they are all tight. Vacuum hoses equally as important, make sure they are all on tight.
    Aerospace NDT LvlII Technician En4179/Nas410.
    Certified, qualified Crack tester :P

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont forget, uprated FMIC's can cause lag as there is less pressure in the air intake system due to the bigger intercooler

or something lol
    MK4 Astra GSi in Flame Red

Phase 1 + M32 6-Speed

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dele Z. View Post
    Dont forget, uprated FMIC's can cause lag as there is less pressure in the air intake system due to the bigger intercooler

or something lol
    true this lol guess i have to cope with it till i put in my vxr turbo, then remap