Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question about Z20LET conversion

Hi again guys,

Could do with abit of information for those that know..

As some of you already know ive got a 5door MK4 1.8 SRi, basically ive got a Z20LET engine and will be doing the conversion shortly.

I think ive got the in-car loom for the dash but would have to check.

Basically what i ideally wanted to start off doing is just swapping the engine for the new one, obviously use the Z20LET loom thats on the engine.

But my main concern is, i don't want the trip computer straight away, i figgured it would be best to get the engine in and running, and at a later stage swap the dash loom and fit the computer then.

What i need to know is, will my existing dash loom work ok with the Z20LET engine? (personally i can't see why not, but ive never done it so don't know)

Also, the dash loom part, is the dash loom seperate to the rest of the cars wiring? or do you have to start pulling all the trims off all the way down the sides of the car etc etc and it becomes a big job? If i remember correctly someone said you can just unplug and swap the dash loom on its own, but ive never dealt with this before, i don't like the thoughts of having to swap the front to back loom for brake lights and everything... It would be a big job.

Any input is really appreciated as i'd like to get abit better idea as to what i'm dealing with here.

Cheers.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when i converted my van i swapped the complete interior loom but if remember rightly theres a big green connector behind the front passenger side kick panel in the footwell cant quite remember which part of the loom it seperated but worth a look as its easy to get to

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i would do the wiring before i put the engine in, that way you get full access to the bulkhead in the engine bay.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah very true, i might swap the loom then when i strip the engine bay down, could i ask if anyone knows if i can swap just the dash loom though? i obviously don't want to be ripping out the whole interior trying to replace all of the wiring, which if i'm honest i don't have anyway but i believe ive got some of what goes behind the dash if not all of that, so if i can swap this seperate by taking the dash out then i might just do that.

Cheers.