Thread: Servicing Z20LET!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Servicing Z20LET!!

I'm looking to get a full service done on my Coupe Turbo.

I have the whole kit, the only thing I don't have is the oil & coolant.

Does anyone know how long this will take to do or a rough price for the actual service NOT including parts?

I would do it myself but really can't be assed with all that, plus it getting really cold outside now and i'm lazy

Thanks
    LewDacris

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i dont think coolant is changed on the service is it?

if you did it yourself i would say 2hours would be stacks of time.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    depends on coolant quality. btw you can check coolant condition using digital multimeter. From max-boost.co.uk:
    "Coolant is a mixture of (hopefully) clean and deionised water, along with all sorts of additives that help make it quite a conductor. The older the coolant, the more acidic and conductive it becomes - that's not good. Set the DMM to measure low voltages (below 1 DC hopefully!) Stick one of the probes of the DMM in the coolant, the other somewhere on an exposed metal part of the block or the inlet manifold, whichever is closer. Even with the engine switched off you may be surprised to see a voltage.
    If it's below 0.1V then it's fine.
    Between 0.1 and 0.3V it's not perfect, but you should be prepared to change the coolant at some point.
    0.3V - 0.5V is not good.
    Over 0.5V then you have a problem and should flush the lot immediately!
    "

Mines show 0.34v, so going to change for red one. as i understand blue coolant will kill my engine aluminium parts. anyway its best to use GM one.
    Astra Coupe Turbo / LPG conversion

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    didn't know that, won't have to do mine for awhile as its all fresh in there.

draining the coolant is easy, just undo the red tap on the bottom left of the rad.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

azi
    its recommend every 5 years u change ur coolant

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a what is about coolant type. there is green one, blue, red. this is some kind of standard marking. as i know, one of those (maybe blue) is not recommended for engines with aluminum parts. interesting, what type is supplied by Opel?
    about draining...ok red cap on radiator, but how much is still left there? for example, if i decide to change coolant type..i just do not want to mix different ones.
    and one more question..what abou flushing system? destiled wather or special stuff?
    Astra Coupe Turbo / LPG conversion

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When i changed my water pump and cam belt i changed the coolent and put about 10 litres in of the vauxhall coolant (red colour) that costs about £4.99 you are surpossed to mix it with distiled or de-ironised water. The radiator drain is the lowest part so most of the coolant should come out of the engine.
    SMIC, miltek catback, precat, Thorney remap 242.7 bhp 281lb/ft torque