Thread: Centre seat belt stuck, can it be Repaired?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Centre seat belt stuck, can it be Repaired?

I am wondering if the centre seat belt can be repaired as mine seems to have managed to get itself stuck and wont extract.....

Or if anyone has a spare red square rear seat section knocking about can you let me know.
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The centre rear seat belt has two safety interlocks built in, one on the rear seat latch & one on the seat hinge. Unless the seat is locked & fully upright (both bits) it won't let the centre belt loose.
    If it is faulty you can buy the seatbelt mechanism off Vauxhall, however it would probably be easier to replace the rear seat back if you can get a good one fron a scrapyard.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

seatbelt sticking

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I am wondering if the centre seat belt can be repaired as mine seems to have managed to get itself stuck and wont extract.....

Or if anyone has a spare red square rear seat section knocking about can you let me know.
    i dont think you will need to replace it SQ man above is right if you put the seat in the upright position and look at the release button if it is still down that is your problem banging the seat in the corner usually gets the catch to engage properly and the release button will come up i have never seen one of these that needed replaced the problem is simply because of a safety system that stops the seatbelt being used if the seat is not locked in position good luck if you find this usefull please leave some kind of thank you note as it is good for my ego and will encourage me to post other soloutions it only takes two mins to register cheers colin (csps)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rear Seatbelt Stuck

Thanks for this very useful information. Just failed NCT (Irish MOT) because of centre belt not deploying. I've checked the release button and it's not fully up. Time for some gentle persuasion.

Thanks again,
    KMMK

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The safety interlocks can & do go faulty. I've had two fail on me now.
    Suffice it to say, at the price Vauxhall wanted for a replacement, we were able to "Rectify" the problem with some suitable "Adjustments" to the interlock cables.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just realised that this thread was replied to....

I managed to get it fixe not long after I posted the thread. It wa smy own fault as I ahd removed the seat to help a mate out and thought it was broken as the belt would not pull out, but unbeknown to me it will onle extract when the seat is in position and locked.

Even after I re-fitted the seat I had top check the locking pin had inserted into the lower hinge in the middle. This is what stops the seatbelt front extracting as the top push botton is connect to it.
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is a very good safety interlock but can also be a PITA alot of the time.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info i was starting to think i was going to have 2 replace the seat

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robs.project View Post
    Thanks for the info i was starting to think i was going to have 2 replace the seat
    Thanks so much for this thread - MOT in two days time & thought I would have to replace seatbelt

Looked at seat catch - gave it a good bang - it popped up & seat belt now works !