Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: De-cat or sports cat and other advice needed?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

De-cat or sports cat and other advice needed?

Hi, I've got a Milltek cat back system and downpipe but I want to remove the weak link from the exhaust system and was wondering what would be the best option, de-cat or 200 cell sports cat?

I don't mind swapping them over for MOTs, but i'm just concened about how much louder it'll be as I don't want to sound like a cherry bomb'd saxo going down the road!

Also I'm getting her rolling roaded on the 17th of November before and after a LPG conversion and just wondered what people would recommend so I could do to get the best results.

Current Setup but want more power...
    Z20LET
    VXR Turbo,AFM, injectors and fuel rail
    Milltek cat back and downpipe
    Intercooler
    Regal 3.5 map

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    personaly id go for the 200 sports cat then it totally legal so if get stoppede for a check on emmisions then it aint a prob noise wise i got a sports cat and full mitek and sounds great and promise ya it wont sound like a saxo lol
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There's not much more you can do on phase 3.5 unfortunately to get more power as you're at the limit of what the standard engine can do safely..

Next step really is the tubulars and Garrett turbo and then engine strengthening i.e pistons etc..

What power do you have now?
    FORMERLY WAVEYBLUEWATER

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosZaf View Post
    I don't mind swapping them over for MOTs, but i'm just concened about how much louder it'll be as I don't want to sound like a cherry bomb'd saxo going down the road!
    Nice, screw the environment and everyone's lungs, as long as you get a couple of BHP more eh?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shawad View Post
    Nice, screw the environment and everyone's lungs, as long as you get a couple of BHP more eh?

You cant be serious?
    MK4 Astra GSi in Flame Red

Phase 1 + M32 6-Speed

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I offset mine with the recycling I do and all the concious efforts to save electricity, gas, water, etc...

PMSL
    FORMERLY WAVEYBLUEWATER

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dont you just hate these do gooders......is like you hear all this crap about exhaust fumes etc is to blame for climate change.... so changes are made so cars are cleaner etc which ok is fair enough i supose......
    but then just down the road from me at weston-s-mare some has the bright idea of catching the pier ablaze for the insurance.....letting god knows what burn off into the air and undoing everything thats been done to make everything greener!!
    at the end of the day all this crap theyre spilling to us about the enviroment is a money spinner......
    so i say wip the cat off and enjoy yourself!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red x top right of screen - Click it....

www.greenpeace.com this is not!!
    MR2 MK2 G-Limited
    ASTRA LINEA ROSSA

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    haha, what bout all the motor sport all those cars i'm sure they are worse then ours, what are we meant to do for fun.

he must have been joking surely? :/
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    recently fully de-cated my coupe, also added precat pipe. from std system only middle box left. remus backbox. i was surprised, when first time fired up my car afther that, i wasnt loud at all. not even close as was expected. only at 3-3.5+ krpm there is some pleasent noise from exhaust (off corse only at load), and absolutely quiet at idle..only very deep smooth sound...mm..absolutely love it.
    Why about sound...because there is also noise pollution in city) what about exhaust fumes...i can run full cat system on much bigger car, and i will produce more toxic stuff than my decated astra. and what about older cars???
    Astra Coupe Turbo / LPG conversion

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast