Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Turbo Brake Upgrade

Hi people.

Im in need of some new brakes now as mine are pretty worn, anyway I know im gonna upgrade the discs and pads but just wanted to run this idea past you all and see what opinions people had etc.

Anyway after reading all the reviews saying they were good I was thinking about getting the front & rear drilled & grooved discs from Mtec off ebay.

These....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-TURBO-GS...d=p3286.c0.m14

And regarding pads I have gone through hundreds of posts and am thinking yellowstuff pads for the front and standards for the rear as they dont do much of the braking.

What do people think??

Would this be a good setup for 3.5 sort of power as thats what im planning on going to soon?

Im not a person who sits on peoples butts and brakes harshly and so far I have found the standard pads good for my driving but just wanna make sure my new ones are up for the higher power.
    2005 Cabrio Turbo - Gone!
    2007 Civic Type R (Soon to be S/C)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly the same setup i'm running on mine, although got predators on the rear.

Only had the yellows on for 3 days but done 400mile and so far so good. . . Once bedded in they should be perfect.

I'm currently running 225bhp and no problems, going to about 270 this week and expect the yellows to do their stuff for a good while yet.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for the reply mate. Gonna get ordering more stuff today then.

My accounts been taking a walloping this month! lol
    2005 Cabrio Turbo - Gone!
    2007 Civic Type R (Soon to be S/C)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm running those discs mate. Only got the fronts fitted as I've been waiting for a torx socket set to turn up to do the rears, but they are very good so far. Only difference is that I'm running EBC Greenstuff pads.

If ya need the special socket to do the rears with then let me know and I'll bring it to a bluewater meet or something for ya

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Greenstuff are only rated at 200bhp max so not even worth considering

Red stuff are better but are shite from cold and u need to drive with ur foot gently on brake for a while before they come upto temp....not ideal for road situations

Yellow were originally for track use but now suitable for road use too...they are similar to redstuff but are excellent from cold so therefore ideal for road use on fairly powerful cars.

The only part that Redstuff beats Yellowstuff is in the dust dept.... Yellow gives off more dust.....but dust vs braking performance...... lol