Thread: blitz turbo timer on a zafira gsi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

blitz turbo timer on a zafira gsi

hi all im looking to get a blitz turbo timer for my zaf but i was told that they can only go on jap cars i know people have put them on there gsi's but do you need to get harness or just cut off the plug and use the wires? it will be the blitz fatt or the dtt but most likely the fatt one.
    any help appreciated

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post doing the same here

hi i am thinking of doing the same buying a blitz turbo timer and fiiting it into my zafira gsi..i have the same problem as you ,, not sure if to cut the wires and jion with out a harness or to keep trying to find a astra/zaf harness,, my son has a blitz dtt fitted to his astra gsi , so i could try and fit minus the extra harness ,,i guess...also www.20let.co.uk and look at the technical section for fitting instruction ideas..let me know if you find any harnesses, remember that astra and zaf should intermix..supersterl
    Drives a 53 plate Arden Blue Zafira A Gsi 2ltr turbo...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you guys get a diagram up I'm sure we could answer all or most of your questions

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can only get a harness for jap cars unfortunatly, you have to cut the wires, only 3 are used the handbrake, live when ignition is on and perminant live. there is a how to which is http://www.zlet.co.uk/TT%20unit.htm
    Arden Blue GSI And You Know Its The Best Colour To Have

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks i have seen this link to z20let.. just wasnt sure how much wiring came with the actual turbo timer...but will order one and wire it myself,, cheers Gang
    Drives a 53 plate Arden Blue Zafira A Gsi 2ltr turbo...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't bother fitting it it'll they really arent woth it on the Z20LET / LEH, basically the timer keeps your car running which is supposed to help cool the turbo down but in fact in will heat the car up this heating the oil and keeping the turbo warm!! you are WAY better off just going slowly the last mile or so, my Zaf bearly goes above 80 when driving but 90 seconds with the timer on and bam it's at 90!!!

There's a secondary water pump above the gearbox on the side of the engine which runs for a while when you turn the car off, this in it's self is plenty if you've driven steady the last 1/2 - 1 mile....

Mine's coming off and staying off!!
    FORMERLY WAVEYBLUEWATER