Thread: Finally DD 5.1 through me pc to tv

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Finally DD 5.1 through me pc to tv

after ages of trying to get dolby dig 5.1 through my pc, finally got there, got fed up of converting films to dvd to watch via the ps3 in DD 5.1 or DTS, as got discs everywhere,lol
    got my pc connected to my 40" lcd, so saves having a desk,etc. bought a creative X-Fi Extreme sound card with optical out to feed into my sony str-g910 amp and my tannoy SFX spealers n sub, only downside is it done upscale.
    Blue multichannel light is on watching Felon*awesome film) in glorious DD 5.1

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one, or you could of just ran tversity on your pc and watched them on your ps3

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f4af100uk View Post
    Nice one, or you could of just ran tversity on your pc and watched them on your ps3
    yeah, but as watch so many films, b constantly turning ps3 on n off,and pc is on 24/7, so saves on elec as well, bloody rip off elec prices n all,lolol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Only DD 5.1? Where's the Dolby TrueHD 7.1 & DTS: Master Audio 7.1?

I loved my DD 5.1 setup, got it on my PC through an Audigy soundcard but I've progressed to the aforementioned setup downstairs and it's mind blowing in Blu-Ray.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Scott View Post
    Only DD 5.1? Where's the Dolby TrueHD 7.1 & DTS: Master Audio 7.1?

I loved my DD 5.1 setup, got it on my PC through an Audigy soundcard but I've progressed to the aforementioned setup downstairs and it's mind blowing in Blu-Ray.
    cant afford the other 2 speakers,lol but Dolby TrueHD & DTS: Master Audio is awesome on bluegay(ps3) through the system.

can u get True DD and DTS master via a sound card??? could i download say a mkv file, play it via pc and get the mutts nutts sounds

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I has a Buffalo Tereastation 1TB of data it holds, Just have that running and store all my stuff on it.

It has a built in Media centre. The PS3 picks it up. I just browse to the folders and watch it all that way. Love it.

As I have laptop and don't need it on all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by welsh-andy View Post
    cant afford the other 2 speakers,lol but Dolby TrueHD & DTS: Master Audio is awesome on bluegay(ps3) through the system.

can u get True DD and DTS master via a sound card??? could i download say a mkv file, play it via pc and get the mutts nutts sounds
    Not yet, or not that I'm aware of.

I've got my PS3 hooked up to an Onkyo A/V Receiver & KEF floorstanders and it's god damned awesome, especially movies like Black Hawk Down. The speakers on my PC are only small ones and unfortunately they don't have enough oomph and the subwoofer is pathetic, they are Creative Megaworks speakers.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think mate whether or not the sound card can handle True DD or DTS Master Audio, if the amp can't process it then it won't make any difference. I'm in the process of looking at Blu-ray players at the moment and really to get the best out of it I'm going to have to upgrade my amp as well.
    Europa Blue cabriolet turbo...now with VXR turbo, collins dump valve and a large number of Courtenay hoses

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    cause my house so small, i got it all as seen in pic, everything running through the lcd, so pc and ps3 are connected to the sony 910, now i know my amp hasnt got True HD processor, so ps3 does the processing, hence can get True HD though that, but i prefer to go through pc as saves burning discs all the time, got discs coming out me ears, so was hoping there was a sound card that could handle them as i got a few blu ray rips on hard drive.

To play mkv files(aka bluray) in their full glory would i need a HD graphics card to watch in 1080p or isnt it poss via pc, saves buying a blur ray rewriter.

and just keep eye out for a True HD sound card as well,lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftydave View Post
    I think mate whether or not the sound card can handle True DD or DTS Master Audio, if the amp can't process it then it won't make any difference. I'm in the process of looking at Blu-ray players at the moment and really to get the best out of it I'm going to have to upgrade my amp as well.
    Yep, I had to upgrade my old Marantz A/V Receiver to the new Onkyo one. It has to be processed through HDMI 1.3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast