Thread: Astra washer jets not working

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra washer jets not working

Hi, i have a astra gsi and the washer jets do not work, the water is full and you can hear the pump when you try touse the washer jets but nothing happens. What could be wrong with my washer jets? any help woud be good thanks Dean

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    checked the pipes still connected/ not blocked?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like the wee filter on the pump is blocked up with the snotty crud that sometimes forms in the washer bottle - unless you have pools of water under the car then it's a pip come off

Take the bottle off (which involves removing the bumper) and the pump will just pull off - give the inlet a good clean out.

Then check the bottle - if there is any crud in there (it looks like filmy snot), put some hot water in it with a squirt of washing up liquid, and a handful of gravel. Then give it good shaking - the gravel will help remove the snot from the sides. Keep repeating till the water comes out clean. get the gravel out and rinse thoroughly

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where are the pipes located? ill give them a acheck before i take my bottle out, dnt wanna take front bumper off lmao

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    id take the washer jets off first and check if theyre blocked, i work at a ford dealership and this is most common cause of washer jets inop,
    shouldnt be hard to take jets off & check
    Arden Blue MK4 GSi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As Geoff said it will be the fillter on the pump blocked full of crud from the screen wash , But there is an easier way without the bumper being removed ,Unscrew and unclip the nearside front archliner by the bumper and ease it out of the way ,You will see the washer motor it just pulls out of the bottle and on the bottom of the motor is the fillter ,This is a realy common problem with the Astra and Vauxhalls answer is to cut the fillter off the pump ,The washers work perfectly well without it but its upto you if you keep the fillter or not ,without the fillter it will be the washer jets that get blocked insted which is a far easier fix ,clean them with a needle or blow them clear with the airline

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try pokeing your washer jets with a piece of wire from a wire brush and give it a good wiggle, id try this 1st as it easier and they used to always block on my corsa for some reason?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the problem I get is they are tempremental, one minute they work, the next they don't, pain in the bum cheeks

Status
    Moderator Friend
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg View Post
    Sounds like the wee filter on the pump is blocked up with the snotty crud that sometimes forms in the washer bottle - unless you have pools of water under the car then it's a pip come off

Take the bottle off (which involves removing the bumper) and the pump will just pull off - give the inlet a good clean out.

Then check the bottle - if there is any crud in there (it looks like filmy snot), put some hot water in it with a squirt of washing up liquid, and a handful of gravel. Then give it good shaking - the gravel will help remove the snot from the sides. Keep repeating till the water comes out clean. get the gravel out and rinse thoroughly
    exactly i did when mine went, worked a charm
    MK5 1.7 CDTI OWNER AND AN ESTABLISHED MEMBER OF THE DARK SIDE!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just replaced my pump the other day piece of cake just removed the arch liner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast