Thread: Michael's SXI Project

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Michael's SXI Project

Here is my progress Blog of my car so far, I have owned my astra for 1 year and 6 months now and since the day i bought it i have done lots of suttle modifications to it

This was first photo i took after coming back from bristol avon valley garage.

The first thing i done to it like most astra owners do is debadged the grille.

Next mod was bought by my girlfriend were Headlight Irmscher eyebrows painted in star silver

I also bought some Momo 18s that had low treads so i swapped them for 17 inch fox racing alloys with loads of meat on them
    looking back at the pictures i think it looks chavvy for my liking and 100% would of had to be lowered asap.

I debadged the boot and bought some irmy clear lights from a guy at work for £20

I had my 19th birthday and wrapped up was my SRI spoiler in star silver that was bought for me again by my girlfriend

Heres a photo along Blackpool sea front with the pespi max " BIG ONE" in the back ground.

I then one saturday morning routing through ebay and put in my local area Vauxhall astra and 5 miles away a Irmscher front bumper (spelt irmy rong in the ad) with no Pictures ???? I noticed it had £15.00 bid and ending in 10 hours lol i had to buy it and gamble the risk and i knew £15 for a mk4 bumper is cheap anyways lol

I WON the Auction!!! £15.00 and rung the bloke that night and arranged collection.
    When i went to get it turned out to be the Prodrive front bumper which was even better!!!

Went across the bridge to wales to pick up these Gloss Black 16 inch 4 stud SXI alloys Freshly sprayed

I then saved my pennys for some tyres and this is how they looked...

I then looked into which badge to choose i went for the car shaped irmscher badge...

This is the result after a friend filed the slats in the grille so it sat flush

Went for a little trip to dunstable to get some coupe door handles and side skirts.
    Heres a picture of the handles on and the bump strips were with my painter.

The end result of colour coded door handles, coupe skirts and bump strips is this ...

I then fort it had too much silver on it and the black wheels would suit some smoked irmy rear lights so off came the clears n went on the smokeys.

I had also put on a savage exhaust that i bought off ebay.
    I also bought different rear vxl badge to go on the boot to go with my Black/silver theme.

I also bought at trax from Ffoeg Tinted front head lights.

I think they completely finish off the front ....

Unfortunately Mike_sxi/VXR had his car broken into. He kindly let me have a few things from his car, as he was trading his car in for an astra VXR at my work.

Richbrook Vauxhall door pins

checkered interior pannel vinyl

and Dbilas Flow master Airbox

and it now sounds Sweeeeeeeeet

This is how it stands now.

Thanks for reading there will be more to come as i havent finished with it yet...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Been a while since i last updated my project thread..
    Since having my irmscher backbox and rear apron they have just been sat in my garage a while so it was about time i fitted them... BUT it wasnt as simple as it should have been because i didnt have the fitting kit when i bought it.

Went to B&Q got 2 aliminium strips, screws etc etc and after a bit of fiddling around this is how it looks, im verry happy its really stirdy and secure!! and looks the part IMO

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Heres Eibachs doing there thing