Thread: 2006 1.8 SRI is it worth it?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile 2006 1.8 SRI is it worth it?

Hey everyone, was thinking bout getting a 1.8 SRI astra, 2006. I love the look of her and really want 1, but i need 2 know some facts. First of all anyone know what there like to live with? How bad or good is the fuel economy and what about the tax? it would be much appreciated if you could help me. Many thanks guys

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kfloyd28 View Post
    Hey everyone, was thinking bout getting a 1.8 SRI astra, 2006. I love the look of her and really want 1, but i need 2 know some facts. First of all anyone know what there like to live with? How bad or good is the fuel economy and what about the tax? it would be much appreciated if you could help me. Many thanks guys
    I like the sports hatch so much that i have bought two...!

I have the 1.8 sri (on an 05) plate and a 150 1.9 cdti (on a 56 plate) which is the good ladies.

My 1.8 is used all the time and has never missed a beat. It cam with lots of extras which have never gone wrong. Over all a top car.... Idea on prices... TAX 240'ish from memory... (the 150 is arround 140 per year... go figure!) the serviceing costs arround 100 to 150 depending on what needs done... Fule economy varies depending on how briscly you drive... 30'ish if i am being heavy footed and touching 40'ish it i am driving alot of motorway at 60.

Living with the car.... I drive them every day and love them. The only small issue i (or should i say, the mrs) has had is the rear visability. due to the sloping rear and the smaller window it can some times be tough to tell where things are when you are reversing. Simple to cure by fitting reverse sencers (arround 200 fully fitted and colour coded) or turning your head and using your mirrors (the good lady didn;t take kindly to me sugesting the latter!)

A few simple things to consider if you are buying an H 1.8 SRI...

Fit cruise control - will cost arround 100 and will envolve you having to take a few bits off the dash and then putting them back but is well worth it. Do not be fazed by this job. Took me 10 minutes to fit in both cars and tech two only takes five minutes with your local dealer. There is loads of threads on this.. check them out.

Swaping your head unit. The normal unit is the cd 30 mp3 (i think) and while it is ok an after market job is much better. But the wiring loom, the remote controled and the face adapter all from auto leads (loads of sites sell these) as they are, in my experiance, the best fit and, in the case of the dash adapter, the best match for colour.

De-restrict th air box and fit a vectra air intake (or the VXR one). Not sure if it makes much of a difference to the perfromance but it does make the engine sound more gruf (if that's your thing).

In review... Top car and would recomend.