Thread: rocker cover gasket

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

rocker cover gasket

ended up gettin gen vx gasket with 10 o rings for bolts £17 ish.my question though is ,is it really as simple as taking cover off removing gasket ,putting new gasket in and cover back on????.i no theres a tightening sequence for the bolts but what about undoing them,or is it just a case of using your common dog!...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think you just need to take it off and swap them over mate lol, use some instant gasket paste to help get a good seal and make sure you scrape all the old gasket off the rocker and head before refitting the new one.. Oh and don't overtighten the bolts on refitting
    FORMERLY WAVEYBLUEWATER

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As wavey said make sure you get ris of the old gasket, if its really old it might be worth getting some fine wet and dry or something to rub the stubborn bits off with.

Wouldn't of thought that you need instant gasket if your using the standard rubber one as so long its fitted properly it should seal no problems. If you do use the instant gasket make sure you only hand tighten the bolts until the gasket is dry then fully tighten them.

regards the fitting order to ensure it was all fitted evenly i did them in the following order;

1 5 10 8 4
    3 7 9 6 2

I hand tightened them in this order then did them up tight with a ratchet again in that order.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one Matt, I'm just an over-cautious so and so lol, so I always use instant gasket, probably comes from having good old Vectra V6's...
    FORMERLY WAVEYBLUEWATER