Thread: Bat out of hell!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bat out of hell!

I was wondering what you guys think the damage could be and where i can get parts from.

Basicly i was driving down a unlit road near me and as i turned into a road on the right with a width restriction a scooter came from nowhere and hit me at 40mph directly in the front of my car!
    As the picture below shows the situation

Well basicly its more of a warning to all you guys.
    my partner bruised her face and knee. I was unhurt and the little 16 year old **** on the scooter got a broken wrist.

The police have said it was my fault even though both me and my partner said seperatly he had no lights on! because a third party witness who obviously knew him because of her reactions when she got to the accident AFTER it happened and said hes lights were on

so as it stand the police have said i have two options. I accept 6points and a fine for careless driving, and since i have only been driving since march means i lose my licensce. Or go for an advanced driving course at the cost of £190 and have no points or convictions!

I will put up some pics tomorrow of the damage and was wondering if you guys could help me assess what i have to fix as i am only 18 my excess is like £550! i may aswell just do it all myself.

at least there only gonna put my premium up by 15% and that little ... person's bike is in 23 pieces and counting!
    First Car - Mk4 Astra 1.6 8v
    New Car - Toyota MR2 GT T-Bar

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That sounds shit! Shame you're getting stung for it. I'd try and hire a lawyer to contest it all! If it doesn't come out the way i want then i'd go round and break the kids other wrist.

As for damag repair get pics up and someone might be bale to help (im an aircraft technician not a car mechanic, lol).

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats a bummer mate, shame you've been stitched up for it too. as has been said, get a few pics up so we can see the damage.

on the plus side im loving the diagram!

im guessing your going to go for the course option?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    take it to court and prove that the person nos the kid on the bike

???
    ummm gallie

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I would pay that £190 if I was you
    FAMILY SHED: VAUXHALL ASTRA 2.2 SRI
    ROAD MISSLE: HONDA CBR1000RR FIREBLADE
    TRACK MISSLE: none

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd go for the course. If you lost your license you'd have to pay for a new provisional, a theory test, a practical test (which is about £110 if your license is revoked), and an extra fee to have your full license returned. The cost of those alone would be more than the the £190 for the course.

*On top of the fine for dangerous driving.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go 4 the course mate,, little chav deserves more than a sore wrist!
    MK5 1.8SRI SPORTSHATCH
    C13 MCH

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    take the course, its all good experience

BUT

check out the legality of the moped, like has he got L plates and a licence to ride it, if ALL the lights work etc. little things like lack of Lplates on the bike will put the blame back onto him, along with MOT?

hope ur misses gets better quick (and u if ur injured).

im a bit suprised that they havent got lights near that junction if its got a width restriction tho

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats a bit unlcuky about your car mate, and hope your other half gets better, if the idiot had no lights on he deserves everything he gets, hes one of the few twats that gives bikers a bad name and ruin it for others, its the one thing i hate most is cars pulling across and swipeing a biker off! but if the ****er had no lights on and should only of been doing 30mph,

anyways try scrap yards and ebay for bits, i rebuild the front of my car as the insurence would of written it off and the car was worth more to me,
    Nürburgring BTG 9:52
    Roll on october trip

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    NightWolf, i dont know where you are in essex there is a good breakers yard on ferry lane off the a13 i bet you could source many bits from there.

perhaps you shouls ask if the scooter has been checked over for mods not disclosed (power pipes seem to be a common thing) not ony that but bore kits as well. 50cc peds can be fitted with an 80cc piston and barrel.

i must admit loosing ur liscence isnt a good option as mentioned u'll need to go through the whole procedure again and have a rocketed insurance premium to boot (just because you have been on a ban) the £190 is money well spent IMHO.

a hard one to swallow, but glad you wern't badly hurt (shame the chav didnt get hurt a bit more though)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast