Thread: Hazard Switch/LED

kr00zin_uk

Hazard Switch/LED

Does anyone know if if change my standard hazard switch, with one with an integrated LED for the Vauxhall alarm system...

...Would the LED still flash when the engine is off, with no actual alarm connected?

What is the part number and approx price for a new hazard switch with the LED?

Also I would love to see a pic of someone's car with the LED switch flashing, to see if I like it and whether it would be worth the upgrade.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure if it would flash or not but I changed the led to a blue one on my wifes car:

The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

kr00zin_uk
    That looks amazing, many thanks for posting those pictures!

I would really appreciate it if someone could please swap their hazard switch with an LED, from a car with the standard alarm system. Into an Astra without an alarm system, just to see if it still flashes with the ignition off?

I'm guessing that the technology is within the switch/LED itself and it will probably still work, but with the initial 10 second flashes identifying that there is a fault with the alarm system (because it can't be detected).

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The light only starts flashing on mine when i set the alarm, not when i turn the engine off...

However you could just wire it to some type of relay to make it flash while ignitions off easy enough id imagine

kr00zin_uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Joereynolds89 View Post
    The light only starts flashing on mine when i set the alarm, not when i turn the engine off...

However you could just wire it to some type of relay to make it flash while ignitions off easy enough id imagine
    I'm just wondering, what about when you take your key out of the ignition?

The CDR-500 stereo LED doesn't flash when you turn the engine off. But it does when you take the key out of the ignition.

I just thought if it was an quick switch swap, the extra flashing light a bit higher up might be an extra deterrent, but I don't really want to go through the hassle of bodging a relay...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    plug the positive side of the LED into a permanent live and the negative into an ignition live.

when the ignition is off the ignition live becomes an earth and the led starts flashing