Thread: How to run a amplifier power feed

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up How to run a amplifier power feed

I have seen a few posts on here asking how to run a power cable to the inside of the cabin so i thought i would post a little pictorial of how i did mine, i chose the external method as i found it so much easier than messing around with grommits in the zaf engine compartment, behind the dash etc, hope this helps someone........enjoy

Fuse holder mounted with cables run to battery and through engine bay in protective tubing

Round the back and down

Follow the brake lines down and round

Round the back of the mount and secure to the bracket

Follow the fuel / brake lines and secure the cable to the brackets along the way ( if your cable is the right size there is a spare slot in the bracket but my cable was too big )

Send the cable up towards the back of the tank to this gromet i found, remove the gromit and make a hole in it for your cable

Now were inside where its nice and easy

Up the center where the seat rail finishes

Make a nice solid earth connection, i used the welded bolt that sticks out from the chasis when you lift the carpet back, sand / scrape the bolt and area to remove paint then i found a nut which was a bit tight but went on with a little spanner power, then either paint or clear coat over the top to prevent corrosion etc

Positive and earth cable poking out from the carpet

All connected, rca's on the left which i ran from behind the glove box along the edge to the opposite side than the power feed, very quick and easy

1000 Watt's RMS of 15" Bass Line Fun

Hope this helps someone get the zaffy rockin
    Zafira 2.0 Dti 16v Elegance Metalic Silver K&N Filter / Air Box De-Restricted

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Thumbs Up interesting!

probly way easier than the internal method, how long did it take to sort BTW? it looks like a very neat job fella.

it has been said the extrnal route should be avoided but TBH, you have fuel lines under the car, brake lines... why should a correctly fused power cable be a problem/issue?

top job.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Where abouts is that gromit mateas i wanna stick my reversing camera in my bumper.

Adam
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think the external route is best to be honest, less chance of it rubbing under the carpet and you are right there are the brake and fuel lines under the car, and the zaff has good ground clearance, well mine does coz its got standard suspension lol, and gsi there is one of those grommets either side of the car, fold and slide the back seats forward and lift seats 6 & 7 then pull the carpet up and search towards the front of the car and you should find them there, they just pop out so you can make a hole in em with a screw driver or somethin sharp, oh and mr mystery i got all my doors fitted with pioneer premier components to go with my head unit so its soundin niiice

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    ooh, lots of sound deadening on the doors too. you have been a busy boy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    gotta sort the boot out now, that sub is shakin the life out of it lol, sounds like its comin from under the boot liner panels either side, when im rockin it, got some spare deadener for the number plate etc, any ways do you guys think the thread is good enough.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    It does seem a lot easier round the outside...
    I went the inside route...

I made a bit of a meal of it to be honest