Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visited a ghost town in S Wales - Aberthaw Boys town - very weird night.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Visited a ghost town in S Wales - Aberthaw Boys town - very weird night.

Anyone ever visited any abandoned ghostly places? Satruday night just gone we all decided that for one saturday in the summer we'd all go out for a day/evening out rather than going to the pub or Cardiff to get ruined haha.

The idea was to go to the beach (Porthcawl in S Wales) and spend the night at the fun fair. Anyway the fair closed at 10 and we were stuck for something to do, untill someone suggested visiting this place...

Aberthaw Boys Village

I had no idea what this was or no inclination of what this place was for. We'd heard about it from word of mouth and as there was about 15 of us out we thought we'd do something random and see what the fuss was about

We found the place about 5 miles down some very dark b roads, going into a lane about half a mile down we came to the entrance. Two big boulders laid onthe floor, we all parked up our cars, and walked through the boulders. Bearing in mind its about 11 o clock at night its pitch black and the first thing to greet us is the moon shining down on this site...

Im into creepy stuff like this but to say i felt a little uneasy is an understatement! We carried on walking to see another few interesting sites. This place is an old holiday camp for boys and has been closed sine the early nineties. There is a church there, a canteen, a hall, a memorial stone and a few other buildings. All in all a VERY VERY creepy place.

I've found this on the net afterwards since i've been home and one image i find really disturbing although its probably been done on purpose...

It was found on the following forum with text confirming it was real blood.
    http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...3Doff%26sa%3DN
    Theres a few more images and a couple of write ups from people who have been there.

Sorry for the long post, just wondering has anyone else visited places like this? especially in Wales? Was a weird night but kept us entertained
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That looks freaky, always wanted to break into the local, closed, mental hospital.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try goin there at 3 in the morning. now thats spooky. its a great place tho init.

Edit: its just paint.
    The Man with a new Plan

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    what a waste of a place. thousands of people who can't get onto the property ladder even during the current slump in the market, and there are places like that left empty. someone needs to buy the site and build a whole new village on it or something.
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    would you stay and convert it like, coz I certainly wouldn't.....I'm outta here......WHOOOOOOSH.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    its only empty buildings mate, nothing different to being on a building site when its either getting dark at night or hasn't got light in the morning yet
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Been for a wander around St Peters Seminary In Cardross before - thats a creepy place even during the day!

http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/StPeters/index.htm
    Astra G, 1.6 SXi 2003 (Hatch)
    For pics of my car...Click Here
    Make Sure To Check Out My Autobiography & Garage!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    its only empty buildings mate
    I'm glad your confident they were mate! heard some strange noises lmao
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh i love this supperstisouse stuff lol, i went to a soposidly hunted church way out in the midde of no where a while back like went with a few mates and cos we were all 17 - 19 we basically let our minds play tricks on us and we erm Pooped our selves so to speake scared brainless tht night (but i fink it was more of the group dictting the fear on me because a couple got scared the group fell in line with that feeling) then again some strange things happened like flash lights failing and shadows of things that weren't there (again prolly a trick of the youthful mind) was exillerating tho...

i would explain better but tiredness got the best of me
    COURTNEY stage 2 135bhp proven X18XE1
    Astra G SXI, veccy c pipe, remus center section, 4" jap style exhaust. And apparently an import

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    being an architectural technician i get to survey lots of place the wrst ones by far were

1. Kirlands house abandond mental hospital
    2. the metal home (naked old man chased me about the place i had to hide in a cupboard
    3. an old abandond church

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast