Thread: Front speakers replaced YAY!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Front speakers replaced YAY!

Took out the std vauxhall components today to fit my infinity set, Well I fitted them after making up some membranes to cover the holes. obviously someone has had the door cards off before and not replaced the sheeting.

A big thank you to Autosparks on here for the post (a while back probably) regarding using the speaker wires going to the original woofer as the input to the crossovers and then run the usual wires to the new woofers and tweeters.

I know it's not ideal to use the original wiring but I really couldn't be arsed with routing the wire from the radio into the door.

Below is the pic of where I mounted the crossover in case anyone needs to know in future. I used some double sided trim tape to fix it to the inside of the card.

Anyhow, it sound loads better, the sound quality is just soo much clearer.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Well done mate,
    Question:
    How big are your crossovers?

The reason I ask is that I couldn't fit mine behind the doorcard, so they had to go on top:

You just need to get that sub in now

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drewwhelan View Post
    Well done mate,
    Question:
    How big are your crossovers?

The reason I ask is that I couldn't fit mine behind the doorcard, so they had to go on top:
    looking at yours mate, the infinity ones are about the same width, maybe 1/3rd shorter? mine didn't fit exactly in the space but enough to be able to stick them to the inside of the card.

You just need to get that sub in now
    Yeh I know, I'm getting fed up of stepping over the sub and amp on the bedroom floor I'm just apprehensive of fitting them as can't find a place for the JBL 75.4 amp as its quite big, and want to be able to raise and lower the rear 2 seats. Maybe use quick release connectors on the wiring?

BTW, nice seats! I need to change mine as there's no support in mine at all!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    How big is the amp?
    do you reckon you could get away with hiding it under the front passenger seat? (should be enough air around it)
    or if you've got a sub box you could maybe put it on top of that.....

BTW, the seats were a right pain to get in, had to get a subframe custom made for nearly 4 times what the seats cost....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How big is the amp?
    do you reckon you could get away with hiding it under the front passenger seat? (should be enough air around it)
    or if you've got a sub box you could maybe put it on top of that.....

BTW, the seats were a right pain to get in, had to get a subframe custom made for nearly 4 times what the seats cost....
    My pioneer 6disc changer is under the passenger seat

It's 15" x 12" , dont want to lay it on the rear boot floor and it wont fit on the sub box, unless I mount it on the sloped back side.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto View Post
    My pioneer 6disc changer is under the passenger seat

It's a JBL 75.4 so is 15" x 12" , dont want to lay it on the rear boot floor and it wont fit on the sub box, unless I mount it on the sloped back side.
    that would make it a very tight fit...

Under the driver's seat?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    alternativly, why not build a false floor on the passenger side and use it under that? seen it done and it works very well.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well after a waste of time looking for the cruise loom, I ran all the wiring for the amp to run my front components and sub. I found the hole for the amp power cable using the pics from a previous post however mine didnt have a grommet but a rubber plug so will have to get one before I start using it all.

I am going to mount the amp on the sub box and use a quick release connector like this one....

I'm gonna wait till friday to fit the amp and sub as I should have my load cover by then to hide it all to prying eyes.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto View Post
    mine didnt have a grommet but a rubber plug so will have to get one before I start using it all.
    I used the rubber plug, just drilled a hole in it with a fat wood bit. This let me push the cable through, and also I knew for sure that it would fit back in!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used the rubber plug, just drilled a hole in it with a fat wood bit. This let me push the cable through, and also I knew for sure that it would fit back in!
    Yeh, could do that as long as the rubber plug is still in the engine bay somewhere! will have a look wednesday