Thread: My new lights (MK3)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My new lights (MK3)

Well, there seems to be a major lack of MK3's on here but hey here goes! I don't know if you all remember this pic....

Well, I saved up for a bit and had to wait a month or so for the right lights to come up on the bay! I couldn't help noticing a flurry of sh*te quality headlights, with crappy 'yellow' halo rings. So I held out for nearly 3 months until a decent set cropped up, and I knabbed myself these:

Both are taken in low light, so I apologise for the quality.. it was also taken on my phone :P

I haven't got round to getting a HID kit yet (The lenses are glass, and HID safe - I checked!) - So I put 2x Phillips 'ice white' bulbs in, £15 a pop!

Also had to get them aligned at the garage, didn't wanna dazzle everyone!

So, I know there aren't many mk3's on here but anyway... opinions chaps? £159.99 I paid and I think they transform the front end of my car
    Drives: 1996 MK3 Vauxhall Astra - 1.6 16V DOHC Sport

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks Good mate works well with the black theme!!! Aslong as you like them just imo it seems to be every man and their dog has a set i quite like the original look maybe them with the original lens fitted on top seen that on two cars i can think of?! Any pics of the rest of the car maybe some better pics would help??

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by doug2783 View Post
    Looks Good mate works well with the black theme!!! Aslong as you like them just imo it seems to be every man and their dog has a set i quite like the original look maybe them with the original lens fitted on top seen that on two cars i can think of?! Any pics of the rest of the car maybe some better pics would help??

they're angel eyes, not morettes/twin headlamps, so not sure how you mean "original lens fitted on top"...

I like them Adam0r, what bulbs did you have in your standard headlights in the "before" pic though?
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, I also have an 'infinity' grille, they're not morettes I can't say I've seen any lights like mine on any astra yet, only the crappy yellow ones! Aaah!

I had the sidelights that Oddjob is currently selling on the forums, Pete. They were awesome! I gave them to my mate and he put them in his Toyota Hi-Lux Surf

Edit: The infinity grille *just* nips the top of the angel eyes off, I left it like that on purpose though =)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah Not quite sure what these are but have definately seen another with similar lights in black but like these

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mmm, that's nice. Same grill as me. They look like standard, but have clear circles where the beam is Custom jobby perhaps?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah like i said yours look good but IMO i like the standard look this way you get the best of both worlds and i know there not morettes!!;-)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wasn't chuffed with how my standards chucked out light either, even with high power bulbs in I want HID's for main/dipped eventually

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    the blue car is just another car with a Rieger "Infinity" grille, and a set of angel eyes. they're just chrome ones not black ones
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Phwoar. I'd kill for a reiger kit for mine. Cost me a bomb though, really can't afford it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast