Thread: Milltek bhp gains

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Milltek bhp gains

Has anyone noticed a gain in performance from a Milltek cat-back system, I fitted mine and didnt notice a difference and the insurance company asked if its increased the power to which I replied that I had not noticed a difference. Just wondering what other peoples experiences are with these exhausts!

Thanks
    Mk4 Sri-T with Milltek resonated cat-back exhaust

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't have a milltek system, but am looking to order one within a week or so.

Could i ask if you got the resonated version?

I was edging towards the none-resonated version, which in my opinion if either were going to increase performance more, i would have thought this would be the better option.

The reason i'm asking is because i really would like to know what either system actually sounds like? does anyone know if the none-resonated system is abit too loud? i just want a system with a nice deep note to it.

I don't know how accurate the gains are supposed to be on milltek systems, but on average they seem to produce a decent bit more BHP, then again the exhaust was designed specifically around the car and engine right? in such a case it should be one of the best systems for this engine.

Thanks to anyone who can give me any in-sight or advice also.

Cheers.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If a Cat-Back is to give gains then it will be minimal. The bore from the Pre-cat through the main cat is still only the restrictive 2" and both cats are still in place so all you are doing is increasing the bore for the final part of the exhaust and putting a less restrictive backbox on which will probably widen the torque band.

If gains are found, they will be minimal and not noticeable when driving IMO. For noticeable gains you will need a full system from the turbo back. (Pre-cat, sports cat & cat-back).
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes I have the resonated one, it gives a nice deep sound without being much louder than a standard system, and the best bit is it looks completely standard on the Sri-t so by looking at it few people would realise its aftermarket which is exactly what I wanted!
    Mk4 Sri-T with Milltek resonated cat-back exhaust

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds good, i was looking at the full system which does indeed include pre-cat, sports cat, and backbox so i believe the full system is 2.5" through out.

mk4_sport do you have the complete system or is yours from standard cat on?

Turbo_Scott, as i intend getting full system, front de-cat, and sports cat, and a none-resonated do you think this will be really loud? I want something above standard tone, i'd like a nice deep tone but i don't want anything too loud, i honestly couldn't really see the resonated sounding somewhat like a standard exhaust, but the none-resonated one might be too loud for my liking.

If anyone knows, i'd really appreciate them to give me some info.

Cheers.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano2k0 View Post

Turbo_Scott, as i intend getting full system, front de-cat, and sports cat, and a none-resonated do you think this will be really loud? I want something above standard tone, i'd like a nice deep tone but i don't want anything too loud, i honestly couldn't really see the resonated sounding somewhat like a standard exhaust, but the none-resonated one might be too loud for my liking.

If anyone knows, i'd really appreciate them to give me some info.

Cheers.
    Milltek have good backboxes which dont give "boomy" exhaust notes and also with it being 2.5" and not 3" then it wont have that daft loudness that most Jap turbo cars have.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Felt compelled to chip in here. The complete Miltek system I have had on my GSi for the last 18 months is frankly, appallingly noisy though I stress, compared to a standard exhaust.

Maybe I have a duffer but it's a damn good job the car goes well because I wouldn't put up with the row if it didn't. The boom around the 3-4k rev mark is horrendous - I am actually embarrassed if there is anyone in the car.

But then I am an old fart ...

Jonathan

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've never owned a Milltek system, but I have a load of mates with them. IMO, I've never heard a Milltek exhaust sound terrible. My mates ST, with a de-cat and Milltek cat-back is a little load but still sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanW View Post
    But then I am an old fart ...
    - Arden Gsi Astra *stolen*-
    - Arden smilies rule

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine is fine, nice roar when you boot it.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I had a milltek cat back and pre cat down pipe fitted and there was a definite increase in power and doesn't sound loud at all cruising on the motorway with the missis and kids in it's ok.Then when i am on my own(playtime) and give it the beans it sounds awesome,i would highly recommend the milltek and as you said it was designed for the car by thorney motorsport i believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast