Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Generation Hatchbacks, What Do You Want To See?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Next Generation Hatchbacks, What Do You Want To See?

In the next few years we will see the introduction of the next generation of family hatchbacks, such as the Astra mk6, Golf mk6, Focus mk3 etc.

What would you like to see made standard with the new cars? I don't just mean the Astra, I mean what would you like all the cars to have. This generation the Astra might have something the Megane doesn't but the Golf has something the Astra doesn't have etc.

I know there's several things I would like to see covered by all the new cars, they are as follows:

Window washer jets hidden under the bonnet, not mounted on top. See example pic below:

Independent rear suspension system & rear anti-roll bar. See example pic below:

Wing mirrors mounted on the door panel instead of mounted on a base plate next to the side windows. See example pic below:

Indicators mounted on the wing mirrors instead of the front wings. See example pic below:

Electronic boot lock, when you unlock the car it only unlocks the car, not the boot unless you press the button to unlock the boot. Also the ability to unlock the boot from the drivers seat. The removal of a mechanical button lock and the introduction of an electronic touch pad hidden out of sight. See example pic below:

Flush fuel cap which is popped open from the interior, not levered open from the exterior. See example pic below:

All top of the range cars to have the option of a paddle shift gearbox.

All the most powerful engines to have the option of 4wd but still be able to purchase the car with only 2wd. (Audi do this already with their Quattro setup, if you are curious about this).

The chassis must be faster than the engine.

Engine temperature gauge & turbo boost gauge if the car has a turbocharged petrol engine. See example pic below:

All engines must have lower emissions than what they have currently to lower our road tax.

More safety & security features as standard.

Door frames must be as invisible as possible. See example pic below:

What do you think is required on all next generation cars of this size? what would you like to see?
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    Bit busy... be back soon!
    Drives
    Astra Coupe 2.2
    Mentioned in
    133 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Follow AndyH On Twitter Add AndyH on Facebook Add AndyH on Google+
    I think one of the bigger changes we'll see is a move over to smaller capacity engines with two-stage turbocharging... I'm talking 1.6 and smaller, but with similar power output levels to what we have now (Z20LET/LEH, et al) and lower emissions.
    Actively proving that post counts mean jack sh*t since 1971

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The wiper jets on the mk4 are hidden which i think is good. Some good points you have brought up there.

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the man knows what he wants, i'l give him that
    can you rely have to much bass? thinkin i need more treble now

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cor now thats a question.....????? umm think you have covered some of my ideas but i would like to see some cars that stand out from the rest or have some personality to them as alot of cars have very similar styling, lines, shapes etc. How about some old skool styling???

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Something different, how many times on the motorway will 4 - 5 hatchbacks go past and you can barly notice the difference between them.

Cmon hatchbacks have always been about styling, Honda is doing it right at the moment.

Altough got to say the new window, the one that goes right up, on the Astras are very nice. Comfier seats and more space is the things companys are looking at.

What I want is better engineered diffs, more power, and less plastic crap - basically built to last and goes like **** off a shovel.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    better seating
    1.8 16v 99 T plate.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    better seating
    I'm pretty sure most car manufacturers use Recaro designed seats, just without the Recaro name on them, some however have labels underneath the seat and Recaro can sometimes be found on the them. Though if you mean better driving position then I think that will come with larger cars, and each generation keeps getting bigger, so it could be a possibility that driving positions will continue to improve too.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your forgetting 4wheel drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    I just want better interiors. I think currently all interiors are shockingly shit, seats are either crap or made to look like a race car seat. Personally the VXR's seats are a good compromise for me but the Corsa VXR's are shocking. The dash's are plastic shite and reflect very very badly on the windscreen in sunlight. People buy so called 'hot hatches' for performance but what about those who want some performance with some bloody comfort? I'm happy to trade off my power:weight ratio for a better ride. If I was concerned about power : weight I'd strip the interior and put me and the misses on a diet.

Basically I want luxury in the interior design. I want more and better sound proofing. It looks though that the insignia is going some way to readdress the gap. Plush seats that cushion you and support you where needed, interior carpets that actually look like carpets not some rejected office floor tiles, I want decent entertainment systems thats not spoilt by satnav. Quad zone climate control for my passengers.

Get it sorted car companies of the world.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast