Thread: Few questions

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Few questions

Hi all. I've just picked up my astra coupe and its totally standard, Here goes.

1. If i fit a new head unit do i lose steering wheel control? If so can it be re-wired?

2. Can an amp be ran from the standard head unit? Does it have rca out's.. So i know before pulling it out/

3. How difficult is it to fit an extra head unit in the centre consol? I see it quite alot on here and would consider putting my head unit down the bottom and leaving the standard one in.

4. Could any body tell me the sizes of the speakers in the car so i know what to buy to replace them. Again could save me alot of time pulling them out.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you will lose the remote,however you should be able to get an aftermarket wiring loom (autoleads and halfords usually stock em)

to my knowledge and experiance there are very few oem head units that come with rca out's

if you want to run two head units uoy may have to splice into the stock stereo leads ( its easy these days)
    you can buy stereo cages for remote mounting at most motor factors

im pretty sure the door speakers are 17cm 6.5" not sure about the back end possibly 5.1/4"

hope this helps
    Some people are like slinkys, they have no real use in life,but if you push them down the stairs
    they still manage to put a smile on your face!!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Sorry Reg missed this post

It's already been answered pretty well above but let me expand on a few things

Yes you loose the steering wheel controls when you change the headunit, most of the bigger names in ICE have adaptors avaiable but steer clear of autoleads adaptors to get these to work as they can be troublesome

No RCA preouts on the factory headunit

Most people that you see with 2 headunits just have the headunits and a DVD running through the first one. You can't run 2 headunits and splice all the wires as one set of speakers can only be powered by 1 headunit

17cm speakers in the front and rear
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [quote=Autosparks;1526836]Sorry Reg missed this post

"""splice all the wires as one set of speakers can only be powered by 1 headunit"""

cheers for the correction wasnt thinkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some people are like slinkys, they have no real use in life,but if you push them down the stairs
    they still manage to put a smile on your face!!