Thread: Red Top Help

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red Top Help

hi there was just wunderin if anyone can help iv put a red top in my mk4 sxi i had to use a F18 gear box out of a vectra where the speedo works of the abs with mine only bein a 1.6 it has no abs so does anyone have any ideas how i can get my speedo to work any help would be great cheers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty sure you have to run the original ecu aswell to run the speedo and use the pick up of the old gearbox rather than off the hub. There is some one on here that has a similar prob i think it was astraboi not sure though do a search for c20xe and you should find it.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers doug someone told me that i could use the diff out of my f17 and put it in the f18

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Umm not really that technical minded but have come up against a similar problem when thinking about changing my engine ages ago its not really the gearbox thats the problem its the speed signal that you need from the gearbox to the ecu to run the clocks which the redtop ecu doesnt have thus the two ecu's you could try migweb as alot more people have done the same conversion in vans etc or try a search on here??