Thread: Pics request of dial LEDs

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pics request of dial LEDs

brought some white dials t'other day and before fitting them, I thought as they're out, I could start my led conversion in the interior, Ive done a search but not had much luck.
    My dilemma is, what colour led to go for, I like the idea of blue (as common as they seem) but unsure wether I could see the dials properly, which made me think maybe white would be better.
    does anybody have any pictures I can look at or even opinions would be helpfull.
    Maybe blue everywhere else except the dials lol

Thanks in advance, Dan

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for the lack of quality in the pics.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No issues seeing by dash etc with blue LEDs:

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Addendum: post-2000 MK4's will likely have orange diffusers fixed into the heater dials/buttons that you can't remove - the only solution is to source a pre-2000 (check it is not orange) complete unit and use this instead. The heater fascia/rings, knobs and aircon/heated window button are all impossible to make any other colour than yellow/orange/red unless you can change them if yours are the ones with the orange diffuser/plastic.

The mileage/MFD have orange diffusers which can be removed (for mileage) and swapped (for MFD) to suit your new colour choice. The aircon/heated window buttons are lit by orange LEDs soldered to the internal circuit board - only option is to change them if you are up for soldering. Same goes for door window switches, steering wheel controls and headlight switch - you need to remove and re-solder new LEDs in here.

I got all my LEDs and resistors (and masses of advice, cheers!) from OddJob on this forum - you'll be looking at £15 or so to get enough LEDs to do the entire interior, he can also provide the white diffusers to go into the MFDs.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for your replys, still not quite sure but im edging towards blue i think.... while Im on the subject of speedos, does anyone know how/where i can get the mileage changed on the new clocks to match my milage on the van?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nry View Post
    I got all my LEDs and resistors (and masses of advice, cheers!) from OddJob on this forum
    Your very welcome mate. As is anyone who wishes to ask a question regarding LED conversions

Dan if you aren't up to soldering LEDs into window switches and steering wheel controls I do an exchange system at reasonable prices.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Should be attempting the centre console stuff in a week or so (week off work so one day at least put aside!) - will also be looking at the headlight switch again to try to light the lower half better. Will post some pictures once done.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My blue ones:
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep definately blue will be needing your assistance soon I think Oddjob if thats okay? would like to get the milage changed on the clocks while they're out so once they're in they stay in

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what LEDS n where did you get them from?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast