Thread: Your Region/ Your Thoughts!!

Status
    Liberated!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up Your Region/ Your Thoughts!!

Right, basically i'm a firm believer in 'if it aint broke don't fix it', i've been reading up at the way things were and seems silly not to follow on with the way Hev left it as it seemed to work a treat.

So basically what i'm proposing is:

A monthly meet.....the last Sunday of each month.....in rotation.

Recently we've had a West meet, upcoming we have a South meet http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=161282

So for the next meet....the 26th oct in East Yorkshire and then in November it will be 30th in North Yorkshire.

Please give me your feedback on this, I will try and please as many people as possible.

If it's not something that will work for the majority then i'll think of something else.

Thoughts, ideas and feedback below please guys and girls

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    in theory it sounds a good idea...but you will prb find you wont get people travelling long distance, so may be worth finding a more "central" point thats approx same kind of distance from the far corners of yourkshire..

worth a try though

wouldnt bother me where it is to be fair as i travel from west to north yorkshire every day for work

may be worth doing something aswell rather than just turnuing up, ie pub quizes, bowling, pool that kind of thing
    - Black 2.0 SRi DTi Mk4 Astra -

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yorkshires gunna be back on top!!

RIP D2NY G 2002-2010

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Even though Im an outsider - your plan is ideal Taz

Its what we tend to do up here and when a region is so big its the only sensible thing to do.

With all due respect to the above post regarding one central location, this is a very bad idea and one sure fire way of alienating a lot of members.
    Let me guess...u mean a central location such as Xscape where AON just happen to be having their meets on the same day???

Anyway, as Ive said numerous times, youve got my support for any meets you're organising. If I can make it due to work commitments I'll be there.

When you have the N.Yorks meet we may try and have a joint NE/N.Yorks meet so as to encompass as many members as possible.

As with everything it will take time but the more effort you put into spreading the meets across the region the more your will get back.

Good luck with everything and I know you can do it. The yorkshire region is a good one, and the strength of that is based on its members - all they need is a central member (you) who can pull them all together.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    again, a view from an outsider here... but... we rotate our meets around the region as well, it works well and you see lots of new faces. admittedly you get those that aren't able/willing to travel, so a central location would seem the answer, but realistically all you end up doing is isolating those on the periphery of your region who can't travel.

I would suggest just kep moving the meets round, perhaps seeing about organising two a month that way members get a meet in their area once every couple of months rather than once every four...

good luck with it all Tamsin
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    Liberated!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you Marti, as you know i may well be leaning on you a lot till i find my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by D2NY G View Post
    Yorkshires gunna be back on top!!
    Good to see your sharing my enthusiasm yay

And Paul, your opinion is important as anyone else's.....we'll see how the majority feel, they may well agree with you. The reason i made the suggestion first was that when we had a meet in the central parts (xscape) a lot of the outer regions didn't come, it's always nice to make the effort to go see them and see what other parts of the region have to offer........staying in the same place may become tedious. Only time will tell.

As the region as been left for some time it's going to take 'trial and error' till we find something that works for everyone.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    Even though Im an outsider - your plan is ideal Taz

Its what we tend to do up here and when a region is so big its the only sensible thing to do.

With all due respect to the above post regarding one central location, this is a very bad idea and one sure fire way of alienating a lot of members.
    Let me guess...u mean a central location such as Xscape where AON just happen to be having their meets on the same day???

Anyway, as Ive said numerous times, youve got my support for any meets you're organising. If I can make it due to work commitments I'll be there.

When you have the N.Yorks meet we may try and have a joint NE/N.Yorks meet so as to encompass as many members as possible.

As with everything it will take time but the more effort you put into spreading the meets across the region the more your will get back.

Good luck with everything and I know you can do it. The yorkshire region is a good one, and the strength of that is based on its members - all they need is a central member (you) who can pull them all together.

not necessarily, as aon do go to various other places, sheff, hull, goole even been to humberside, and always peopl say ye will definately be there...yet its always the usual coroud that turns up, hence we go to escape alot simply cos its central for the usual members..

I wasnt saying it was the best option i was just saying its an idea as you will get ppl in north not wanting to go south n visa versa

i knw of a certain member on another site that hates driving anywhere other than local...unless it benefits them suprising how alot of ppl are the same

Yorkshire is a strong region and tbh have a bloody good laugh when they do meet up.

Just a shame alot of people dont want to crawl from within their little shell, step out from the end of their street broaden there social circle and have fun and gain some good friend and not just virtual ones online

Status
    Liberated!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I understand what your saying Paul, but i think for those that don't mind making the effort it's nice not to shun those that won't (if that makes sense)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok my bad

Status
    Liberated!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lol no it's a perfectly resonable idea, just trying to include as many people as possible.

Ideas: thats what this threads for, i may be proven wrong an everyone will side with you

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast