Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vauxhall dispute

Hi Everyone
    My dad is currently having a problem with his Astra Mk5 1.4 Club. It refuses to start. It has been to the Vauxhall garage 6 times now to have this sorted out and its still under warranty.

The last time it went in they said the fuel pump had gone and they replaced it Wednesday 29th August. However the car refused to start again on Thursday 4th September and towed back to Vauxhall.

Today vauxhall have rang asking for £484 for replacing the fuel pump as it has gone faulty again due to so much water in the tank. "They have never seen so much water in a fuel tank before" as they said.

How can they say they is water in the tank when my dad didn't get chance to put fuel in since he got it back a week before. Isn't the fuel pump located in the fuel tank?

They have now said they haven't removed the fuel tank. So how did they replace the fuel pump before and how do they they there is water in there now?
    I've Gotta Have More Cowbell Baby!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Although im not sure, you usually get access to the fuel pump under the rear passenger seats I believe so maybe they see from this access point
    Mk4 Sri-T with Milltek resonated cat-back exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You dont remove the fuel tank to fit a fuel pump & you cant see the fuel in the fuel tank when replacing the pump. If the pump was thought or found to be faulty then there would be no need to check the fuel at that point either.

Presumabley they have drained fuel out of the tank now to check the condition of the fuel.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    another thought, how'd did water get into the tank?
    I've Gotta Have More Cowbell Baby!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Water is usually a result of the petrol station that was used having water in their tanks which as a result ends up in yur car. Although most newer garages have a water monitor in their tanks they dont necessarily heed much notice of them.