Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workshop Opportunity in Norfolk...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

Workshop Opportunity in Norfolk...

Due to a lack of workshop space at home, I'm looking into renting a workshop for somewhere to store car parts, work on the car, and generally get away from the missus at times...

I've found somewhere ideal, it's available, and it's not too badly priced!

However... I can't see the point in renting the whole thing by myself, because it is unlikely I'll need the whole thing. So, I was thinking... would anyone be interested in coming in on it with me?!

The rent is at £275 a month, so by my rough calculations splitting it 50-50 would work out £137.50 each per month, or if you prefer, less than £35 a week.

For the rent, we'd be getting a workshop with two lockable roller security doors, an office area, and (the clincher for me!) an inspection pit. The place is set within a locked yard as well, for added security. I am led to beleive that the two parking spaces in front of the workshop are also included.

I haven't yet been and looked at the place, but I hope to do so within a week. in the mean time, here's some pics...

I reckon, with a lick of paint and a couple of hours work, fitting some racking/shelves/bench (and of course a stereo/microwave/kettle ) it'd be a nice little setup for working on the cars

so is anyone interested in coming in on it? potentially there's nothing to say we couldn't go 3 or 4 ways on it either providing we all communicate properly about using it
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if i was on a better wage i would be in on this like a shot pete, but not on 150 a week even anymore
    Vectra GSi SeatsHella Headlights
    17" alloysPiper 3" rolled exhaust
    GSi Bumper & skirts
    Dropped on Coilovers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where is this situated ?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Western outskirts of Norwich mate. Near the Sweet Briar Industrial Estate (not far from the ASDA crossroads).

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Follow Glacious On Twitter Add Glacious on Facebook
    I would be quite interested in it, I mean i am useless with cars myself and I keep on buying bits and bobs for me some big some small and can never find a place to fit them as home is not best place and never find anyone to help with it as all my mates are useless pc nerds. So for me having a place and a few people with a brain on cars would be great, I wouldnt mind going 3-4 split but 2 is abit to much moey for me considering how often I could use it and get there although I could make it every weekend

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacious View Post
    I would be quite interested in it, I mean i am useless with cars myself and I keep on buying bits and bobs for me some big some small and can never find a place to fit them as home is not best place and never find anyone to help with it as all my mates are useless pc nerds. So for me having a place and a few people with a brain on cars would be great, I wouldnt mind going 3-4 split but 2 is abit to much moey for me considering how often I could use it and get there although I could make it every weekend
    well if this one is too much, or even if it gets snapped up and doesn't materialise, we can always keep looking if you're seriously interested - there are plenty of units about we can keep looking until we get 3-4 people

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Love the idea, so I'll come in as part of a larger group..... still waiting to hear about my new job, I think 3 months waiting is long enough lol
    Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think its a great idea pete, esp as its about 5mins from my house

But going two ways its a hell of alot to pay for how often id use it i think. And even 3-4 ways its alot but would be interested if we had a group of 5-6 but then this maybe unfeasible due to it being to busy and two much work to organize who's using it when etc.
    SRI TURBO + COURTENAY CS3 =

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    i reckon we could manage it 5 ways easy enough, would just mean more shelves required

a giant wall planner on the wall and then we mark days on it a couple of weeks in advance if poss would do it - but then again with the power of the text message it wouldn't be hard to find out who was down there if you needed to go do something. more people = more chance of someone being there to help out

what do people think to letting this particular workshop pass us by, but get a group together and find a unit once we've got people in place? seems the most sensible idea to me...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds good, ill even get in on it if its 5up cos i might be able to afford that!
    Vectra GSi SeatsHella Headlights
    17" alloysPiper 3" rolled exhaust
    GSi Bumper & skirts
    Dropped on Coilovers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast