Thread: Benifits of the CS "Uprated" Acutator - VXR Turbo.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Benifits of the CS "Uprated" Acutator - VXR Turbo.

Hey,

Got a smokey GSi at the minute, weve manage to plug it down to the turbo as per usual smoking on idle. The cars completely standard with 46k on the clock. Its still going strong, but be stuck at some lights for a few mins, then pull off and poof blue smoke and the smell of burnt oil!

Now looking into buying a new turbo at some point, im not thinking its vital at the minute because the cars holding out well, i dont give it hammer either!

On CS they sell the VXR turbo + Actuator = £495,

Then there is some options, what is there "Uprated" actuator, what benifits would i see from this item since it will cost a extra £110 to have! Is it worth this cost at all?

Another option i dont understand too is the "Manifold with Drain gasket"? Whats this, and also would it be wise getting one since it is £13, whats the job of this item?

Any help would be great,

Thanks.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Personnally I wouldn't bother with the courtney uprated item again as the vxr one is supposed to be up to the job, if anything keep an eye out for the garrett -31 if you want something else

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the cs actuator is only needed for cs4 tuned cars! as above though the vxr one is upto the job! wish i knew this as i wouldnt of bought the one i have! ah well!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as above im on cs3 wiv the uprated actuator which works fine and for some reason i get a lot more torque wiv that combination but on a std map the vxr std 1 needs to be wound off a touch as the break off psi is about 3psi different and will bring ya ecu light on
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for the information people.

Ive read alot about priming them? Is fitting a turbo a DIY job? I have some mechanical knowledge but never worked on a turbo engine before...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you want a warranty on it then yes get it fitted by a vat reg garage if not do it ya self but bare in mind these turbos aint brilliant and have you read about the water pipe mod that vx done do a search ( water pipe mod ) your come up with mine name and enigma???
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque