Thread: Astra SXI CDTi 53 (Few noise issues & intermittent issue & coding key)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra SXI CDTi 53 (Few noise issues & intermittent issue & coding key)

Hi,

I currently have the old shape Vauxhall Astra SXi CDTi on a 53 plate, I have two issues with a noise one which comes from the wheel I believe, when I take off ONLY after starting the car initially it'll make a deep rubbing noise that last 2 secs after you've set off then at giveways etc you won't hear that low noise it's when you start the car and then drive off :S

Other noise is when your in gear and you press your foot down it makes a screeching noise like a wheel spin sounds like a belt? it happens even on 1st gear when going up steep hills or in high gears like 3 4 5 and you put foot down like it's causing a belt some tension?

My wipers don't go fully down i've tried removing the relay and still find that it gets stuck so it won't be the relay I heard that it's like a memory or osmething which is in the actual motor that you need sorting out? Help with that required also.

When I purchased car the previous owner had said the battery is dead so C/L won't work with key so me trying to open the key breaks the damn thing, so i got a new fob and now need it coding but I don't have the codes so vauxhall quoted me 28quid or omething to request codes then 47quid to get it all working, is this my only option? I know I can buy an alarm and what have you but I'd rather have my vauxhall key

Thank you

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    still require assistance

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    To sort the wiper problem you will need to replace the wiper motor, it's a common enough problem.
    Try to source an aftermarket one, it will be cheaper than buying from Vauxhall.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thankyou, the problem with the noise when i first start car and drive off, is the case when i roll down on neutral when i first start aswell it's very wierd.. any ideas ... and that squeaky noise i take that it's my fan belt or alternator belt?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    and that squeaky noise i take that it's my fan belt or alternator belt?
    If it's a loud squealing noise that varies with engine revs, the yes it's quite possibly your alternator drive belt.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For the windscreen wipers it maybe a temporary or simple fix of un bolting the wiper arms and repositioning them, but if you really want to change the motor then its up to you, you could get one from a scrap yard, though ime not sure what they are like to get off on the G which i think yours is. the screeching belt sounds like it could be a auxillary drive belt loose, perhaps for PAS/AC or the alternator, that could be down to a tensioner or a worn belt, As to the key coding, there are people who can code keys for the central locking to work, if you have the origonal code, they are cheaper than main dealers. but you will need to get the code first!
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your noise starting off is the ABS priming. If you rest your foot gently on the brake pedal you'll feel a vibration at the same time as the noise.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...