Thread: Quite Embarrasing having to ask this....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Follow Glacious On Twitter Add Glacious on Facebook

Quite Embarrasing having to ask this....

This is rather sad I no considerig these are like the easiest things to fit on the planet lol but here we go how do you actually fit the Irmy door pins lol gonna get so much stick for this just dont wana **** them up i mean do you just pull the olds ones hard till they come off do you rip them open or what .....

And just got the Armster armrest and god dam it fits fine but even with the whole 2 screws holding it down it wobbles like shit

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Lift the red flap on OE pins with a small screwdriver, then they pull off. Don't just pull them as could damage the cable.

Which is the armster armrest? That the one that tilts upwards and screws to the sides of the main black console?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i think its the armster I have its very basic dosnt tilt or anything just a standard one opens one way thats it and it has 2 screws on the inside that u srew it down with just the screw are at the front of it so when u rest yout arm on it, it tilts forward which is rather anoying and thanx for info about the pins im going to go try now :P

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thax for you help all done, God if i cant do this god help me when i get my Viper air cold intake thing lol

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacious View Post
    i think its the armster I have its very basic dosnt tilt or anything just a standard one opens one way thats it and it has 2 screws on the inside that u srew it down with just the screw are at the front of it so when u rest yout arm on it, it tilts forward which is rather anoying and thanx for info about the pins im going to go try now :P
    Right ok, thats the Irmscher (replica) one, and its a lot nicer than the Armster IMO.

Irmy replica

Armster

It needs 4 screws to hold it in, if it came with instructions it should show that however they do only supply 2 screws

You need the 2 screws inside it like you have already done, then you need to remove the rear ash tray and screw another 2 in through the back of the armrest. They need to be countersunk screws so they sit fairly flush with the console, that way you can re-fit the rear ashtray back in and it covers the screws. That will stop it tilting forward and make it solid to rest your arm on

Hope that helps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ohh ok now that makes so much more sense the armrest didnt have any instructions just gave me 3 screws and loads of covers and black bits i assume to cover the screw holes, Many thanx. I will do that when I am home. Its very comfortable I must say just would help if they gave some instructions and right amount of screws.

Thanx for your help though Buckle