Thread: MK4 dials

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MK4 dials

ive got a set of standard black dials in my astra g atm. but ive just got a set of white one and want to swap the white and black bit and the needles so the milage will be the same, does any one no how to get to this bit as ive tried to take them apart and have now came to an end?
    can anyone help please cheers dan

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you want to get to this stage

then you have to take the rear circuit baord off. Only about 7 screws then push out from the dial side

oh, and undo the lil white clips, they can be a pin but you'll get there in the end!
    You Can Sleep In Your Car But You Can't race Your House!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    What he said. Beat me to it.

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok did u use a alan key to remove the screws?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah allen key is what you need mate. I did mine a while back, swapped from white to black. You're going the other way round lol.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    must ask so i know when i change the lights in the back, how do you remove the dials, do you have to take the steering wheel off, or is there another way to get them off with out removing it?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chances are they won't read right if you just swap the cards/needles over - mine didn't when I tried.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no. Neither the zaf a or the astra g require you too take the wheel off. Astra you have to take them out through the steering wheel and zaf a is very easy, apart from getting the dash off in the 1st place! and its 10x's harder getting it back on!

Best way to get the needles level is start the car, ignition only, with the clocks in place but without the plastic cover on the front, then the clocks will set to there correct position. the turn it off and wait a second. then put them all the needles at the starting position then they should be level and correct. check by turning the key again, if succesful then put the plastic cover on and the dash back together. Dont put the needles on too tight as mine are sticking at the moment! Speedo one jumps and hates dropping. Need to sort mine asap! LOL
    You Can Sleep In Your Car But You Can't race Your House!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    all done now and bonnet lifters also fitted looks a lot better now, just need to buy more things for her haha

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IIRC the black faced and white faced clocks use a different PCB. The reason for this is because one of them has the zero calibration point lower than the other. So if you swap the dial mat over the needle will actually read zero but the car thinks it's doing say 10mph. Now this doesn't sound a problem right? but the fact is that as the car speeds up the amount of needle movement decreases, look at the gaps between the speeds higher up, smaller right? so when your doing 30mph you may be showing 25mph, this difference increases the faster you go. You stand a fair chance of being caught speeding even though you think your going at the right speed.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast