Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2.0 di Astra Estate

Hi new to this site

I have an Astra 2.0 DI T reg which has done me proud so far . Although it has now developed a slight problem . When you start to accelerate after coasting down a hill the engine seems to bog down for a second before gaining power. It started to do this after it had failed its MOT on emissions the garage treated it with some detergent and then it passed with flying colours. When I picked it up it ran fine more responsive than it had been but now it has developed this problem and this morning the ECU light came on for a few seconds which is a bit of a worry. Is it possible to check the ECU for codes or does it need to go to a garage? I remember on some of the earlier ones that you could use a paper clip on two terminals to make the ecu light flash the codes stored in it dont suppose its the same for this one?

Thanks in advance for your help

Rich

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get a auto electrician to read the codes if nothing major has come up could be something simple.

First off change fuel and air filter.
    secondly my car had the same probs turns out to be air flow meter (no codes in ecu)
    . I got my afm from eurocar parts

derek

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Still having problems with this. I have had the ecu code read and it comes up with PO400 egr flow. I have cleaned and checked the egr valve and it seems to function ok. I have had all the vac lines off and checked for cracks blockages and all seems ok.I have replaced the two vacuum solenoids near the battery with some off a scrap car and engine still behaves the same way. When you lift off the throttle at about 40 -50 mph the ecu light comes on and stays on until you can accelerate hard and then it will go off again around 2000rpm. Anybody got anyideas?

thanks Rich

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Took all the vac lines off again today still cant find any faults with them. So took it out for a spin again this time tried accelerating hard in 3rd gear engine got to about 4000rpm pulling well but lots of smoke. Then the engine suddenly lost power and the ecu light came back on. Does this sound more like an AFM problem or something else?