AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Another Serviceing Question

Just after some advice. My Astra G has covered nearly 40,000 miles on a 53 plate. Cambelt and Waterpump has been done when i brough the car.

The car has full Vauxhall Service history, im good when it comes to mechanics and am competent at doing a service. I know prices are going up but with the cost of parts but still would work out cheaper for me to do the service myself.

I know this would affect the service history but if i keep the reciepts for the parts then write the mileage on it and then it would shown it has been serviced.

What do you think?

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    To be honest if your a MK4 driver and don't have a performance model I doubt people are going to be really put off providing you kept the reciepts.

I've serviced mine myself, why because I won't let the trained monkeys at Vauxhall touch it ever again. The staff there are all of 17 and still stare idley at the half naked woman in the calender. With the constraints imposed on them by managment IE expecting everything done at the speed of light I doubt they get the time to give the car TLC.

Obviously buying a second hand car is always a gamble but with reciepts to prove the owners give it love and attenton I doubt you'll see much off its price.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    To be honest if your a MK4 driver and don't have a performance model I doubt people are going to be really put off providing you kept the reciepts.

I've serviced mine myself, why because I won't let the trained monkeys at Vauxhall touch it ever again. The staff there are all of 17 and still stare idley at the half naked woman in the calender. With the constraints imposed on them by managment IE expecting everything done at the speed of light I doubt they get the time to give the car TLC.

Obviously buying a second hand car is always a gamble but with reciepts to prove the owners give it love and attenton I doubt you'll see much off its price. I have a 1.6 SXI.

jam
    Thanks for you promp reply, the reason above is one of the reasons i dont want mine going into vauxhall. Will get my parts ordered up then.

Mark

kr00zin_uk
    I'm guessing that my earlier post has I converted someone else as well?

To be honest it makes sense and it's nice to see other people caring about how their car is looked after...

I also doubt it will add any value, but it may make it more desirable to potential buyers if you can prove servicing by reciepts and a record of when you carried it out in your service book.

I would also explain the reasons for servicing yourself if they ask and they will understand that you probably care more about your car than people who let these untrained monkeys loose on their pride and joy.

Also it is one of the few professions left to not require a CRB disclosure, so where do you think all the criminals are working?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Ive been off sick for a while and am bow back at work but have been clearing the little debts i got into (nothing major thgouh)

Im trying to save money again and i thought about serviceing the car myself. I used to have an 03 plate corsa, and i serviced that myself twice and i explained to the new owner with reciepts etc and they were more than happy.

Mark