Thread: Air Problem ?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Air Problem ?

I`ve got a 2.0dti zafira(2003,53) with a problem ? it started when i was accellerating down the motorway,got to 80mph about 3000revs engine management light came on,into limp mode.Took it to garage for diag, said (fault code PO234 air mass meter).Changed that,got to 80mph and same thing happened again,so advised to change egr solonoid behind air mass metre.same problem. have changed vac out sensor & turbo pressure sensor,still not right,tried another air mass metre which improved the accelleration but made it a lot smokier,so i`m now back to all parts origional,it drive`s ok but the accelleration`s not what it should be,and if i try to push it to hard it will go into limp mode at 60mph if under pressure.
    The engine management light does`nt stay on permanently,it will go off when you take the keys out.
    Anyone got any ideas ? CHEERS PAT.
    26/10/2008 Solved problem,took car for m.o.t and one of the mechanics spotted an air pipe with a hole in it(been rubbing on a wiring loom)pipe ran from t/section right hand side of battery to top of engine(right hand side of manifold)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    light wont stay on when you take keys out they arent ment to. sounds like a possible turbo fault if lack of power and smoke.
    project smoker is now stepping up a notch check garage for details

if its illegal to smoke until the age of 18 my astra should of been locked up ages ago!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Air Problem?

Thanks WVM,the mechanic said try 1 of two things clean the 4 butterflies in the manifold and/or change the EGR valve.He has`nt mentioned the turbo.(yet).??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra 1.9 cdti xpack
    Mentioned in
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Could be your wasgate or actuator at fault.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If a 53 plate Zafira's got the same engine and layout as a 52 plate Astra, the solenoid behind the air mass meter isn't the EGR, it's for the turbo wastegate.

Apart from that I can't help as I've still got similar problems with my Astra with AFM and EGR errors, despite changing the AFM. The previous owner changed the turbo thinking that was the fault.

The only thing I can conclude from reading these boards, and what was done to mine before I bought it, is the turbo is often blamed and rarely the problem.