Thread: Another Bargain!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile Another Bargain!

Well after astra mark's advice on the scarppys in the south east i decided to pay a visit to GM Woodgate and sons!

It took me forever to find it, after a call in the morning, to confirm how much for a centre console with the answer being £10, i set off!

After the sat nav took me the compltelty wrong way and the girlfriend having to ask a mechanic where it was, we ended up there!

It was bigger than i thought it would be, with loads of bmw;s and so many saxos and 106s! There was about 5 astras!

After searching through i found a black five door and set bout removing the centre console! Once i had done this i spent another hour just browsing and found an astra estate which had had everything already removed! So i set about tking the best bits of the two leaving me with centre console, ashtray, ciggarette lighter and all the bits that run under the handbrake and gear lever surround!

Also found a muller'd astra which i took off the headlight bulb holders ready for when i get my HID conversion so i can cut them down!

I also fort i saw an astra with smoked rear lights but it turned out to be actual smoke where the car was completely burned out!!

When i was ready to pay, i took them over to the little ol man where i showed him everything and his reply was:

"Lets say a fiver for the lot!"

To which i quickly scrabbled around for the note i had in my pocket expecting him to say £15-£20 as i had grabbed the extra bits!

I was really happy with this and thanks to astra mark for his advice for this and the advice he has given me in other threads!

BARGAIN!

Jus gotta get some laquer, spray paint (preferably verde green) and primer and set abot sprayin it!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one mate. We all love a bargin.
    ^Click above if yae are^
    >< Proud To Be Scottish ><

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bargain and u didnt use the five finger discount on anything, if i can fit it in my pocket its free lol

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    buy the verde green from Vx mate, then it'll be spot on. Get a few cans as they're small cans and you should be doing bout 2-3 coats of colour and the same with laquer.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    do you know how much the paint is from vauxhall as if its a lot i mite just stick with like a standard silver!

and it has to be the plastic paint right? (stupid question)!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i heard of that breakers

once did go near there to a percific vauxhall breakers on A28 but guy was a bit wary of people
    1.8 16v 99 T plate.