Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

newbie!

hello all!
    ive basically joined because my stepdad has an astra and has decided he wants to do some modding, ive come across from 106owners.com as im a pug enthusiast *dont kill me* so i know how great these forums are and how helpful you all can be!
    so yeah ill be around from time to time sourcing ideas for the astra as ive pretty much been given a free rein! woop!
    muchos thanks

heidi x

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi and welcome to AOC!

Check out your regional group forum for detailed information on local meets and events, reccomended retailers and garages in your area etc. We attend shows big and small throughout the year as well as rolling road days, track events, factory visits etc so there is always something on.

Make yourself known in your regional forum and I'm sure the friendly locals will arrange a mini meet to say hi. (we try to have meets on a regular basis of at least once a month in our region, sometimes combining neighbouring regions on bigger events)

Larger shows are usually advertised on their own section, such as Trax, PV and Billing where we have a large AOC show stand prescense.

By joining up as a paid member you also get access to "locked" forums for members only, as well as getting useful discounts and perks such as Adrian Flux insurance discount and LMF vauxhall parts.

If you have any specific questions you can use the "search" facility (see the buttons at the top) type in a keyword and have a look at posts relating to your query, or if you can't find it just pop a new thread up in the forum most suited to your query, (eg "car care and detailing" if you have a question about polishes/waxes etc) AOC is all about sharing information and skills and having fun with our astras, and there is usualy someone who is willing to come round and lend a hand if you are unsure about something in return for tea & biscuits or beer tokens

Hope you enjoy the club!

Kirsty

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the club.

Get some pics up of the astra

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ^^Have you got that on Copy & Paste Kirsty?? Guessing you're looking for a club team place

Welcome to the site Heidi. Have a look around and get your bearings, ask a few questions. Have a look in the styling guides for some insparation for your dad's car.

Oh, and get some pics of his and yours up, tis the law!!!
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks guys!
    yeah been having a nosy
    not got any pics of the astra atm, and our little dougie isnt really much to show off, just a little 1.0l run around until i get something with boooooost! woop
    styling guides are ace folks!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go on show us anyway. I've been driving Kirsty's old 106 1.5D around today as I can't be arsed to take the VXR off the drive cos I'd have to move my mum's fiesta
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my little french pride and joy
    absolutely nothing special and the lairiest colour you could ever imagine but as i said, saving up for something turbo'd so :P
    will get some pics of the astra as and when i can!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get In, Kirsty's is identical minus the badges and it's white. And she's on her 3rd set of wheel trims too
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    haha yeah dougs completely naked now, debadged, waiting for my matie to bring me an angle grinder to take to the pointless tow bar lol
    looking for a GTi to toy about with really, maybe go down the jap route
    but shell do for now

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh od, don't go down the jap route unless it's a jap car. Go down the smooth and low route. Some nice 16's, lower it right down and smooth it
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast