Thread: Will2k1's 1.4 SRI ...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will2k1's 1.4 SRI ...

My first car was a MK1 Clio with a few modifications such as R5 GTX Wheels, Peco exhaust and the usual things until on one wet night the car slid into a ditch and this was the result:

I set about on the hunt for an astra as my dad had borrowed one for a week as a courtesy car and I liked it. After a little research I decided that the 1.4 16v was a better option than the 8 V due to performance. I then arrived with this:

First modification was some INXX bonnet lifters which I picked up on herre for a nice sum

PVS came and went with a pretty much standard car. However while there I picked up and fitted a Veccy C pipe for £10 with the adapter; fitted it there and noticed a little difference.

Next I finally got a CD player, nice Kenwood CD/MP3 job which I was "given" from a nice friend of mine. Decided to fit it to the lower DIN slot just so its not only different but fits easier to use while driving along.

Birthday in June after PVS and the rents bought me a private plate, stood for my birthday and my name June 12th, William Robert Rose (Laugh it up)

As I fitted it decided to fit a black alloy aerial and de-badge the back.

A few weeks ago I then stumbled across a battery jacket, not a perfect fit as it's off a bigger size but I like it and it ties in the engine bay IMO. Also decided to remove the bonnet struts as they were too bling for my liking and all will become clear in next few weeks....

Finally the latest change which is the biggest is my wheels, the 6 spoke twin spoke SRI wheels - quite hard to find in a four stud but Mark in Southampton let them go for £120 (Can't remember his username but has a green 5 door Mk4 with 1.6 turbo - top fella)

It was with this that the idea of a 1.4 SRI was born, more to come........
    Black Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Because I already had them and due to some "contructive criticism" I fitted some tinted side repeaters.

This is a comparison of old and new....

This is what they look like on the car, I like like them a fair bit

Well I'm starting a new job tomorrow so won't have many updates for a month or so but the next idea is to start on the interior and converting it to black. Fourteenhundred did the same, however I plan on going to whole 9 yards, with a black carpet black plastics, black dash, black seats and black parcel shelf. Going to be a fair bit of work but possibly already got parts sourced
    Black Astra Coupe Turbo