Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED conversion done, What do you think?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LED conversion done, What do you think?

Well, after making sure I can do this with no damage to any components in the car, here was the first result...

Oops, whilst the addition of blue LED's for the needles might have sounded a good idea, it didn't look it at first!!

So after a bit of tinkering, I'll let you look at the full finished result...

This one shows how bright the 'Super special double LED indirect door night lighting' is compared to the electric window switches...

A bit of light switch action!!

Oooh, shakey!!!

And finally the clocks - I'm well chuffed with the way the needles turned out (with a quick look at the wifes Corsa)...

And a closer look...

Especially liking the green high beam indicator and the (so farI think) unique needles!!

Although in some of these photos the blues don't quite look the same, they are - the brightness differs (very slightly) on some of the panels, but not noticably so. The photos are off my phone, as it's better than my ancient camera (so how bad must that be!)

If anyone sees this in person they'll more than likely agree. Also, if anyone wants this doing and doesn't mind travelling to near Lincoln, my rates are VERY competitive (although I'm not in the country for 6 weeks, so if you see a Arden VXR in Lincoln with a blue LED conversion, it'll be this one)!!
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm very much liking it. Very clean and crisp which is the way it should be

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Looks nice mate, i like it.

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how did you do the needles mate?

Looks very good by the way. Maybe VX will learn soon and get rid of the shitty orange! LOL
    You Can Sleep In Your Car But You Can't race Your House!

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thing is, blue is a bad colour for night-time. Can't describe it very well, but try looking at a bright blue dash for a few seconds at night then looking at the road ahead. You should find that your eyes can't see quite as well until they re-adjust to the darkness. If you look at an orangey coloured dash then the road ahead you shouldn't find the same issue. I think this is also why the rear lights on cars are red. Perhaps someone else can describe the technical aspects of this better than me?!?

Saying that, I do prefer blue, hence why I've only got the centre console to sort out for my car. I've kept things subtle though, you only really notice the blue dash when it is a little dark, and it isn't in your face.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is doing this very difficult as thinking of getting rid of the orange ones my self nige
    JANNER

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Love the look of them needles. Very well done. So did you do this conversion yourself if so how hard is it actually? Every conversion I've read about has been done by Daz VXRcourt3 (or whatever his username is)!

Looks bloody good though.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

looks great

hi mate the pics look really good how much did it cost and as siad before how easy is it to do and how long did it take?

cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they look mega, that must have taken ages to do.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nry View Post
    Thing is, blue is a bad colour for night-time. Can't describe it very well, but try looking at a bright blue dash for a few seconds at night then looking at the road ahead. You should find that your eyes can't see quite as well until they re-adjust to the darkness. If you look at an orangey coloured dash then the road ahead you shouldn't find the same issue. I think this is also why the rear lights on cars are red. Perhaps someone else can describe the technical aspects of this better than me?!?

Saying that, I do prefer blue, hence why I've only got the centre console to sort out for my car. I've kept things subtle though, you only really notice the blue dash when it is a little dark, and it isn't in your face.
    its most probably down to wave lengths etc

blue has short wave length where as red and orange have much larger wave lengths
    which i think results in red and orange being the most visible light in the spectrum
    our eyes have to focus alot more on blues and so over adjust at night to see blues aswell as those pesky xenons lol

my theory is that as red is more visible we are more likely to encounter reds during the day and night .. the road ahead and the things on it will reflect far more red light than blue.

anyway thats my morning theory
    sry its not very well put together but i hope you get the idea

i love the blue light conversion tho man! its awesome if i was still studying in lincoln id have to collar you and get you to do this for my coupe!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast