Thread: Need Help on fitting Bonnet Lifter

mazinger

Need Help on fitting Bonnet Lifter

Hi guys, need a bit of help to fit my bonnet lifter, tried yesterday, but got to the point to fit the Knuckle bolt to the spare hole to the inner wing bit that im stuck, as there no spare holes on the inner wing of my Zafira A, running along of the inner wing there is 2 self tapping bolt and a rubber stopper? do i need to take those off? i did tried to take 1 of the bolt off, but there a metal tap sandwish in between the inner wing for the self tapping bolt (there seem to be 2 layers of the inner wing, hope you guys know what i mean), and i couldnt pull that out, do i suppose to pull that out to fit the knuckle bolt? and why is the 2 washers for the knuckle bolt so big? doesnt look like the right washer to me, any help will be very grateful guys....

Regards
    Maz

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    You need to take out the bolt at the bottom of your picture and the metal slip it screws through to expose the hole you need to put the bolt in. You will probably need better washers to cover the hole properly, and you'll also need to remove the black rubber thingys as they will now get in the way of the lifters.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

mazinger
    Thank Moonman, i did take the bottom bolt out, do i need to screw the knuckle bolt into the metal clip thing? or i need to take the metal clip thing out from the inner wing before putting knuckle bolt in? sorry getting a bit confused...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    Yes remove the metal clip thing that the bolt screwed through so that your just left with a hole.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

mazinger
    Thank Matey, will try it again next week...