Thread: BK999 Tyre Size

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BK999 Tyre Size

Hey guys...sorry if this is a repost but I've searched and can't see anything about it!

I was planning on getting a set of BK999's for my coupe. Got a price from a local dealer (Skidz) of £600 with tyres. So was going to go ahead with it. Then I read on here that I would be best with a specific size of tyre if I was thinking about lowering the car (215/35/18's).

So I gave the place a phone and asked them for a price with this tyre size, and the guy explained to me that it wouldn't be wise to put that size of tyre onto my car. He recommended a 225/40/18. He said putting the other tyre size onto my car would mean that my speedo would need to be ripped out and reset to the new tyre size.

So incase he was talking crap, I gave BK Racing a call and explained the situation to them. The guy I spoke to said that either tyre size would fit, but that its true about the speedo being incorrect if I put 215/35's on it. So I thought fair enough, I will go with 225/40's...but then I would have no chance of being able to lower it.

It's really starting to do my box in...I'm totally confused about what to do

Anyone else had this issue?

Cheers

Status
    Mentioned in
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Now then mate, iv got them alloys on my car, with tyres 225/40/18 tyres (Alloys soon for sale)

you can lower it (30-40mm) but its very close,

As for 215/35/18, they are perfect tyre size for lowering 60mm sort of drop, and wouldnt worry about your speedo being +/- 5% out!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    He's talking bollox Suzy, my speedo is almost 100% accurate with 215/35/18 according to GPS. With 225/40's it would be inaccurate.

Make sure you get 215/35's if you want to lower, if he is a pain just take your business elsewhere

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Speedo's aren't bang on from factory!

I wouldn't be too concerned. 40 profiles will be cheaper though!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My mates just put a set of bk999's on his coupe with 225/35/18 tyres and the rear rubs like feck. He was told the wheels where ET45 and there not, there ET38. (stick out more) He should have gone with the 215/35/18 and hed have been ok. 225/40/18 is a bloody joke if you want to lower it, and even if you dont there just the wrong size.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Coupé View Post
    My mates just put a set of bk999's on his coupe with 225/35/18 tyres and the rear rubs like feck. He was told the wheels where ET45 and there not, there ET38. (stick out more) He should have gone with the 215/35/18 and hed have been ok. 225/40/18 is a bloody joke if you want to lower it, and even if you dont there just the wrong size.
    Is your pals car lowered with the 225/35/18 tyres? Or is it rubbing just with the standard suspension?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got 18's from Skidz last year when I had my T8 coupe and the tyres were 225/35's and there were no rubbing issues front or back

The T8 is lowered as standard so depends how low you want to go I would assume? My brother bought my T8 off me and he lives in Alloa so you could always have a look at that tyre size in the flesh?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opel-astra04 View Post
    I got 18's from Skidz last year when I had my T8 coupe and the tyres were 225/35's and there were no rubbing issues front or back

The T8 is lowered as standard so depends how low you want to go I would assume? My brother bought my T8 off me and he lives in Alloa so you could always have a look at that tyre size in the flesh?
    I'm so confused. Some people are saying that 225's do rub, some are saying they don't.

Might just forget the whole idea

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK, listen. 225 tyres with those wheels which have an offset of 38mm will catch your back arches, not just rub the linners, but will catch the front of the arch metal lip, which will as a result be bent outwards. I speak from experiance, both on my car running with 225/35/18 tyres on irmscher sportstar wheels (which are ET35) and my freind Gaz who last weekend fitted the BK999 (ET 38 ) with 225/35/18 tyres.

I have no idea how the hell dp88 is getting away with it with 225/40/18's unless his car is on stilts and hes never so much as put a bag of shopping in the back. Or they might be rubbing and now hes selling.

Opel Astra04 only had those wheels on a limmited eddition 888 coupe which from factory has hacked out and extended arches to allow such crazy offsets and tyres. Your car does not.....

The tyre size you must use with those wheels is 215/35/18 and you will have no trouble. Any others and you will need to grind or roll the arches and fit the irmscher rear bumber brackets, Neither of which are perticulally cleaver things to do.

And by the way, Buckle is dead right, the speedo is almost 100% acurate with 215/35/18 tyres.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im running 225/35/18 on a set of BK299's no rubbing at all.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast