Thread: Power Steering Issue

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Power Steering Issue

I was hoping someone may be able to give me some assistance with my Astra Van MK3 1.7 TD.

At some point last night whilst travelling from Southampton back home to Cornwall my PAS appears to have failed on the van. We have no warning light on the dash board to something anything.

Unfortunately we currently do not have a Haynes Manual for the vehicle as we haven't owned it that long, and I am unsure where abouts the PAS fluid container is located in the engine bay, I am hoping someone may be able to point us in the right direction.

Is there any common known problems with PAS? If not any advise what I could check next?

Many thanks in advance

Kitty

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cant remember 100% but its near the bulk head and pretty low down most likely more to the passenger side. as regards no warning light you wouldnt get one if your pas failed. its not uncommon for them to fail and i dont think a new pump youd be an excessive amount to buy.
    project smoker is now stepping up a notch check garage for details

if its illegal to smoke until the age of 18 my astra should of been locked up ages ago!