About a month ago my partner started modding my zafira for me - I thought I'd try to keep you all up to date as it progresses.
This is how it was 2 months ago - un-touched.
And then I bought a kit which then meant I needed bigger wheels to lift the car higher off the road.
I couldn't get the wheels I wanted but opted for these to get things underway - I'll get some different ones later on down the line.
THis is a sketch of the shape it should be.
Lining up the rear valance with the bumper and exhaust.
And then the front was screwed and glued after cutting 2" off the front to clear the dip at the end of my road - and to make speed bumps easier!
And then we got playful with the headlights and come up with this -
They don't make after market headlights for a zafira so we customised my own - will add halo's when I recieve them!
Then we started playing with the rear bumper - where to put the number plate.
And a big hole was cut in valance and a lightbox built in it to light up the numberplate in the dark.
And this took hours of work to build it up to accommodate the number plate - in a resess rather than just screwing it on.
And was finally finished.
Getting bored with the filler work - my lovely man started fiddling.
And the bonnet grew!
Always wanting one on the Astra - and them never making them for the zafira, he got to work with the welder and only a few hours later......
Produced this - I love it!
It still needs blending in - but you get the effect.
So there it is - the story so far.
Waiting on parts so have come to a stand still.
Keep watching for further updates.