Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

3points? Speed Seminar?

Ok I'm 17

I passed my test a month or 2 ago on a wendesday, by the friday i got a ticket =S

The monday morning i got a letter from the police saying that on the friday I had been doing 36mph in a 30mph zone
    I know it's my own fault, I didn't know i was speeding. and lets be fair, I wasn't doing 50mph and had to slam my breaks on to get my speed that low

Ok, so obviously i was p***ed off! and sent the letter back, and recieved another letter, almost 5 weeks ago now, saying i can attend a speed seminar, and not recieve the points, but still pay the fine

I have a question now, I have not heard anything else form it for 5 weeks? =S have i been abandoned and forgotten about? (Obviously I'm not complaining if that is the case, and I hope it won't be sods law, where I'll wake up tomorrow with a letter regarding the speed seminar course)

I was also wondering, as this is doing my HEAD IN!

Because I have toa ttend a speed seminar course, so i then get 6 points if i get caught speeding again? or is it just 3?
    Because I'm constantly getting the P*** taken out of me by friends for sticking to 30mph, and I've told them, i can;t afford to do any more, because If i get caught again i lose my license (Because apparently i've heard if i get caught speeding after attending a speed seminar course, it's a straight 6 points)

I jsut wanted to clear things up, anyone had any similar experiences

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my mum applied to go on one not long ago, and it took about 3 weeks for them to reply with a date for the seminar. but im sure all councils are different.

and i thought you do the course instead of the 3 points, and i didnt realise that you get 6 points if you get caught again. im not sure really.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For the speed awareness course or what ever it is called you must be within a certain limit of the speed limit, it looks like you were so you opted for the course £80 over the the fixed penlty £60 + 3 points yes? if so then thats it for that offence! If you are cought again within 3 years you are unable to attened another speed awareness course and must accept the fine + points which will be £60 and 3 points! So no its no 6 points! I know this cos i have a letter in front of me as iv`e just been done
    199 BHP 322 lbs/ft Torque from a smokey diesel!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The best advice I could give would be to get some new friends !
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ATTEND THE COURSE

They have not forgotten about anything, i thought the same then they sent a nasty letter after a couple of months demanding my license to whack the points on.

If you are a new driver i would just go and do the course, and give yourself another chance should you get caught again. You will only get 3 points if you are caught again not 6.

If i could go back i would definately definately do the course.

ps. tell your friends to walk, thats a damn site slower than 30mph

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yer
    I replied to the first letter
    and got one back saying i have been given the opportunity to attend the course
    so i sent the letter back saying taht i will attend the course
    and i havent heard anything since
    and it has been a while

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    The best advice I could give would be to get some new friends !
    I agree with this, very sound advice. If your so-called 'friends' are encouraging you to break the law and drive like a loon then you need to get shot of them. Real friends wouldn't do that - are they all chavvy twats btw? Sounds like it.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    I agree with this, very sound advice. If your so-called 'friends' are encouraging you to break the law and drive like a loon then you need to get shot of them. Real friends wouldn't do that - are they all chavvy twats btw? Sounds like it.
    nah i wouldnt say they're all chavvy twats
    they jsut get pissed off with the fac ti constantly stick dead on 30mph, or 40mph depending on the area

im sure you've been stuck behind someone doing 30 and got annoyed wanting them to put there foot down a bit

im jsut ded paranoid since i got caught

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mate, it's obviously made you improve your driving, so it's not necessarily a bad thing. Ignore your 'mates'. If the hark on about it again, tell them they could always walk, or learn to drive themselves, go bombing down the road, and end up in someone's garden.

Sound like a bunch of knobs to me, but good on your for making a mends and driving sensibly
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano_Sxi View Post
    nah i wouldnt say they're all chavvy twats
    they jsut get pissed off with the fac ti constantly stick dead on 30mph, or 40mph depending on the area

im sure you've been stuck behind someone doing 30 and got annoyed wanting them to put there foot down a bit

im jsut ded paranoid since i got caught
    That's my point - they get pissed off with you sticking to the speed limits.

And yes, i have been pissed off with people going too slow (too slow for me) and yes, i have driven faster than the speed limit on the odd occasion but it's because of my own hangups and my bad driving that I did it, not because I have 'mates' telling me to do it. In fact, most of my mates or passengers tell me to slow down - even my best mate who has a stupidly fast car