Thread: Little jobs become big expensive jobs if left alone.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Little jobs become big expensive jobs if left alone.

Well just to give a bit of background information to this, thought i had a problem with my alarm so remove my inner wheel arch trim to get at it. As it was a mad rush job i left it tucked in afterwards as the clips had fallen out into a drain and the gutter. At the time i just thought i'll order some tommorrow jobs a gooun. Except i forgot and never ordered the clips. Cue me driving along the motorway last night at what would be a decent rate of knots when a horrid sound started come from the wheel arch.

Pulled over saw the trim hanging out, realised i was a tit and tucked it back in to the arch, making a mental note to get clips. Then it happened again driving along the motorway back home today, except it was light this time and when i got out to sort it i saw the damage it had done......

So now something that should have cost me a couple of quid will no doubt cost me a couple if hundred to get resprayed. To say im fuming is the biggest understatment ever. Feel like actually punching myself in the head. Ah well the bonnet and front bumper need respraying anyway so i guess it wil force me into doing it.

Rememeber kids, if there is a job that can be done, don't play xbox live instead, get your lazy arse outside and do it, small jobs become big jobs in no time.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good advice chap. but a silly mistake, but we all make them

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Bummer Matt, I know what its like.
    I had the bumper off mine a couple of years ago and decied that i'd refit it after work the next day as i simply could not be arsed.
    My dad borrowed the bus when i was at work and drove it not realising that the bumper wasn't even on and as a result, both liners were rubbed to hell on the tyres.
    My old man said the car goes very well but asked what the whirring sound was, the faster it went, the more high pitched the whirring .

Just a shame your paintwork is damaged .

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The most annoying part of it is that i pick guys up in work doing it all the time, not refitting some cable properly or something next thing you know the things on fire (ok bit extreme but you get the idea lol) I should know better

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    DOH! story of my life lol