Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra 1.8 16v SRi - Help

Hi there people,

Firstly, Hello! and greetings from Derby - this is my first post and I am looking for a little info. if possible!

I have just bought an '02 Astra 1.8 16v SRi, the milage is slightly high, having just done 100k (I got it relatively cheap...I think, at £1800) I feel I need to replace the cambelt as the last time this was done was at 40k. The service history is comprehensive to say the least, and the car looks fantastic and drives great. The previous owner has really looked after it since 2006 - prior to that it was a lease vehicle...

So my question is this; when replacing the cambelt what else should I get changed/looked at?

Also, I had a quick look underneath and there was a piece of plastic half hanging down which was located around the middle of the car - any idea what this is? It didn't look too important!

As you can tell I am a total novice at cars and have no idea what to do when it comes to servicing them! so please, dont take the mick!

Cheers,

Steve

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get water pump looked at to, think the plastic is just a cover could be wrong tho

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh yeh and welcome to the site!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ahh good, didn't think it was anything too serious.

I remember people mentioning the Waterpump as well as a couple of other things around that area! Can't recall though!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If the cambelt hasn't been changed since 40,000 it needs doing asap, cambelt kit & water pump required.
    If you've just bought the car considerring the mileage i would say do a full service so you know it's been done, Oil & Filter, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Pollen Filter & Spark Plugs
    HIGHDOWN Car Audio & Security
    Clifford, Genesis, Rockford, CDT Audio